• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Clever cover for larger cages

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I saw this on a rehome link in Parrot Adoptions Ontario (Facebook) and thought it was quite clever if you need/want to cover a larger cage.

It looks like they've added some stand-offs to the sides of the enclosure to keep the material away from curious beaks (a video shows the setup in slightly more detail).

Of course curious/destructive birds would have a field-day climbing around on that when out of their enclosure so YMMV.

1665364273442.png

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It is a great idea for larger cages but I would really love to know how they keep it from being destroyed once the bird is out.
Maybe they don’t let the bird out or maybe it is removed from that too when it’s out of the cage.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@flyzipper That is a private group at the end of that facebook link, so I can't see it. I imagine anyone else who is not part of that group can't see it either?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Super cool idea!

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Maybe they don’t let the bird out or maybe it is removed from that too when it’s out of the cage.
... or maybe it's in their bird-bedroom that they only see at night, but agree it's a tempting target that might need managing.

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks nice, but would not work for my U2, Jasmine. Jasmine insists on being covered. She reaches thru her cage bars & pulls in her cage cover, which is a full/queen bed sheet & chews tons of holes in them. Most look like swiss cheese or much worse with huge holes. We go thru several bed sheets a year. I do not cover JaKhu (B&G) or Jengo (CAG). JaKhu would get up under the top & refuse to come down.