• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Clemintine

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think most of you know I had my own business.A riding stable where i gave lessons, did camps and showed horses. I also helped out with a rescue..we took in mostly large animals in the begining.(key word begining)As time went on there were more and more animals that didn't fit into the large animal catagory who were in need of temporary homes.We usually made room at the farm and took them in for rehabilitation. one day we were out on a horse call....looking at this beautiful farm that sat on the waterway.I noticed a wire cage sitting on ground under a tree.I really couldnt imagine anything living in that thing.The cage itself hadnt been cleaned in a very long time.When i peeked in..there was a huge grey rabbit sitting there looking back up at me..no food or water.I asked the woman who owned her if she was looking for a home for her..She declined...said she had her for years but her kids lost interest or something like that:huh:So i had no choice that day but to walk away from the fly infested cage.That week i couldnt get her out of my mind...and decided to befriend the woman and let her see my place.She eventually let me have Clementine.I was so happy the day i was driving her home in the cat carrier.We build her a huge indoor rabbit play area.We converted an empty stall for her.During the day when i was at barn or in the office Clemmy was out hopping around. Boy did she love her new freedom.At night or when i had to leave she was safetly shut away in her new cage.I had 17 little girls who took lessons at the farm and clemmy was so so loved by these girls.I was just thinking about how clementine brought so much love into that barn..all those years ago.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
that made me weep..thanks for sharing and for giving Clementine a good life.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a beautiful story. Thank you for rescuing Clemetine and providing her with love and a happy life!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Sounds like Clementine was very special to all who loved her and took care of her. :hug8:

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
what a nice story! It's good to write memories down sometimes so you get to relive them all over again.

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
What a great story. So glad you got Clementine and were able to give her a better life.

Status
Not open for further replies.