• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Clearwing, Greywing, or Dilute?

Kyra

Moving in
Ok so I know my boy, Beamr, is a yellowface II skyblue opaline, but I haven’t been able to determine whether he is a clearwing, greywing, or dilute, so I was hoping to get others opinions…

I know he’s one of them, but he just seems like a mix to me so I can’t figure it out…. I feel like he is a bit diluted in body color (Ithink) so I don’t think he could be a clearwing. But he does have dark violet cheek patches & white/light grey wings light wings like they do. So idk

But he also does have about a 50% diluted body color I think like greywings do & some very light grey feathers. He doesn’t have diluted cheek patches like they did though.

Lastly he seems to bright to be a 80% diluted dilute. although he does have their pale wing feathers. But he does have grey throat patches unlike dilutes. He also has violet cheek patches while dilutes have a lilac color.

So anyways I’m stumped I would love to hear others opinions!

I included some pictures of him below. (They have not been edited & also sorry they aren’t the greatest quality I just took them fast.) I also added a chart of different features of the different mutations if anyone needs

6D442939-820D-4098-8B98-7C896D296584.jpeg
8B0C01A5-CEEC-4CFF-80C6-6F029FB41CB7.jpeg
FF64396A-077D-42DA-A4FC-F4EB2549F6E1.jpeg

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Same thing way out of my budgie zone on those mutations but looks more grey wing from examples.

:awww:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh I'm not sure on mutation but what a beauty he is :swoon:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I wanted to add my expert opinion here...

He's GORGEOUS - that's the extent of my expertise! ;)