• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cleaning time!

C_Leigh

Walking the driveway
Hi all!

Does anyone else's birds get royally irked when you clean their cage?

Tonight my budgie girls went for zooms around the place so I jumped at the opportunity to clean their house. I grabbed paper towel, white vinegar and a brush. They immediately perched up high to give me an accusatory eye. Then started swooping me, if they were magpies I would have been very worried!

Swooping and glaring, glaring and swooping.

Haha silly girls.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I find it easier to clean the cages with the birds not in them. When my girls are nesty and refuse to leave it is a pain to clean.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I had two quakers :lol: I had to physically have them in a different room if I wanted to clean their cage without being maimed :rofl: Ripley has to be out of his cage for me to clean up his wood chips or he gets protective of his "nest" ;)

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Yesss!!! My budgies are alright with paper changes but when they see the vacuum come out they hop on a swing and glare at me from the ceiling. When I start taking perches down they immediately escalate because they know what comes next! I take their cage out of the room for a DEEP clean and they flip and fly around the room like beasts. My lady, also will wreck ONE thing after every deep clean lol usually a toy, occasionally she finds a way to work perches down or...in some state of disarray.