• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Citron Doweling Size

animalvr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dean
What diameter of doweling should I get for a citron perch? I need 2 perches, preferably in two different sizes so the feet don’t cramp. I think citrons r the same size as LSC.

Thanks in advance.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If your in the states I recommend buying custom birch or dragonwood perches from Seriously Nutz. Sarah can make any size you need :)

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would do some natural branches with varying diameter ranging from 1.5 inch diameter down to .75 inch or even .5 inch diameter. I've taken to providing all my amazons with one perch that has a much smaller diameter than is typically recommended for their size and the bottoms of their feet are much better for it. Most of their perches are in the right ball park if their foot curls about 3/4ths of the way around the perch. I usually start out a new bird with the dowl that comes with the original cage, plus 1 or 2 bolt on 8-10 inch long branch perches. Once I get the bird home, I make adjustments from there.