• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Citron and Noise

animalvr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dean
Give me their info! Lovie (my Too) better watch out:whip:
:pinklol2:
I was going to write her too to find out her secret but she hasn’t been active in years. There must be some voodoo involved.

Last edited:

animalvr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dean
I found a 2 that uses sign language instead of squawking. Is does squeal a bit but not too loud. Now how can u say I shouldn’t have a 2 after seeing something that adorable?

My colleague at work is deaf. Im going to ask her to teach me sign language so I can get a Signatoo.

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I found a 2 that uses sign language instead of squawking. Is does squeal a bit but not too loud. Now how can u say I shouldn’t have a 2 after seeing something that adorable?

My colleague at work is deaf. Im going to ask her to teach me sign language so I can get a Signatoo.
Are you joking or being serious?

Reactions: tka

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I just found someone w THREE quiet toos, including a mullocan, living in an apartment w no noise issues! Apparently, it’s possible with the right bird. There’s hope!

…at least a lil bit. Now to find an elusive whispertoo…
I honestly can't believe that's true. Not that I don't believe you- I don't believe the person. There is no such thing as a quiet cockatoo. (And certainly not a quiet Moluccan). All birds are loud to a degree. I would say a Galah is probably the least loud cockatoo species that I have encountered. I have an umbrella at my house right now. (Less decibels than a Moluccan) I consider him "quiet" for a cockatoo. That does not mean he's quiet all day. When he screams, I have to cover my ears if I am near him. He can see my car pull into the driveway and will scream when he sees my car. I can hear him from our driveway. My neighbors across the street can hear him. I can hear him in the backyard/frontyard. I live in a big old house. His cage is in my office upstairs. You can hear him screaming downstairs like he was in the room with you. Then there is my goffin. Again, I don't consider him a "screamer" as in he too does not scream all day. But he will scream when he wants uncovered. He will scream if someone comes to the house. He will scream if he hears a scary noise to warn me about the scary noise- the garbage truck, the door bell, etc. Cockatoos scream. I would not get a cockatoo if you live in an apartment. I also would strongly encourage you to adopt an adult if you do get a cockatoo.

animalvr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dean
I honestly can't believe that's true. Not that I don't believe you- I don't believe the person. There is no such thing as a quiet cockatoo. (And certainly not a quiet Moluccan). All birds are loud to a degree. I would say a Galah is probably the least loud cockatoo species that I have encountered. I have an umbrella at my house right now. (Less decibels than a Moluccan) I consider him "quiet" for a cockatoo. That does not mean he's quiet all day. When he screams, I have to cover my ears if I am near him. He can see my car pull into the driveway and will scream when he sees my car. I can hear him from our driveway. My neighbors across the street can hear him. I can hear him in the backyard/frontyard. I live in a big old house. His cage is in my office upstairs. You can hear him screaming downstairs like he was in the room with you. Then there is my goffin. Again, I don't consider him a "screamer" as in he too does not scream all day. But he will scream when he wants uncovered. He will scream if someone comes to the house. He will scream if he hears a scary noise to warn me about the scary noise- the garbage truck, the door bell, etc. Cockatoos scream. I would not get a cockatoo if you live in an apartment. I also would strongly encourage you to adopt an adult if you do get a cockatoo.
Might have been a Moluccan-Whispertoo hybrid.

Last edited:

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month

Even better, I have just the bird for you
1661475133782.png

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Such a cute video :)

animalvr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dean
Such a cute video :)
I know! Papa has had Blizzard since a fledgling (see channel). He doesn’t accept comments which makes me wonder if he rcvd shizz for having such a young bird. I wonder what the acquisition circumstances were…

Last edited by a moderator:

animalvr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dean
Adult citron available for $3500. (The baby in the store was 4500). 3 yrs old. Hand fed. Being sold by second owner after 6 mos cuz theyre moving. Apparently it only screams when its hungry.

Spoke to the owner’s son who faced time me. It wouldn’t let the son take it out of the cage. Son said its becuz he’s the one that puts it in the cage. He sent me a video showing the bird being handled. Apparently they don’t interact with him much. Gets along w other birds.

I dunno. Whadya guys think?

animalvr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dean
Adult citron available for $3500. (The baby in the store was 4500). 3 yrs old. Hand fed. Being sold by second owner after 6 mos cuz theyre moving. Apparently it only screams when its hungry.

Spoke to the owner’s son who faced time me. It wouldn’t let the son take it out of the cage. Son said its becuz he’s the one that puts it in the cage. He sent me a video showing the bird being handled. Apparently they don’t interact with him much. Gets along w other birds.

I dunno. Whadya guys think?
Got noise clarity. Citron whispers unless bowl is empty. I think I’m going to meet him.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
That seems quite costly for a citron, but maybe because they are availavle here in the UK for 1000 pounds or less.
I suppose it depends where you live though...
Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

animalvr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dean
That seems quite costly for a citron, but maybe because they are availavle here in the UK for 1000 pounds or less.
I suppose it depends where you live though...
Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)
Thx.

Yes hes costly. I was hoping a rehomed would be cheaper (2K seems reasonable) and may be if I hold out (Im on a rescue list too). Ill likely take this bird though if he’s friendly since he’s a rare whispertoo and isnt suppose to have any behav issues (doesn’t bite or pluck). Apparently though he can reduce a house to a pile of match sticks if let off his perch-stand.

Articles say they sell for 3-4K here and I do see babies priced at 4.5K. Theres a guy on another forum that got his rehomed C2 for the same price as this one and thought it was fair.

Did I mention this guy is only 3 and on his third home after 6 mos? At what point does multiple rehomings affect a Toos psyche?

Last edited:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I think multiple homes affect all birds differently ..they have trust issues ..plucking ..screaming ...feeding issues and biting ..but once they are in the same home for abit I think most of these issues get looked after ..unless your my Amazon Lagertha its been 6 yrs and she still wont let me touch her (she was from a hoarded home ) I think she was so abused and left alone by her people that it has taken its tole ..she is coming along though finally and will take treats from my hand and play with her toys which I believe she didnt know what they were for ... So I think giving love and a home with a steady day to day life will help any bird over come any issues they may get from being rehomed several times ... :)

animalvr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dean
I think multiple homes affect all birds differently ..they have trust issues ..plucking ..screaming ...feeding issues and biting ..but once they are in the same home for abit I think most of these issues get looked after ..unless your my Amazon Lagertha its been 6 yrs and she still wont let me touch her (she was from a hoarded home ) I think she was so abused and left alone by her people that it has taken its tole ..she is coming along though finally and will take treats from my hand and play with her toys which I believe she didnt know what they were for ... So I think giving love and a home with a steady day to day life will help any bird over come any issues they may get from being rehomed several times ... :)
Good to know…thanks.

I had an amazon as a kid that was mean and didn’t like humans. He never came around.