• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

christmas stocking ideas

isabella99

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
isabella
hi, i’m very new to this forum i’m sorry if i didn’t do something right.:o:
i have 2 budgies, (eggs and bacon) i plan on doing mini christmas stockings for them but i’m not sure what to put in it. i don’t want to put many treats because i don’t give them many treats anyway, but can someone give me α few ideas on some stocking stuffers for them?:^) they like shredding toys, like paper and thin wood. i’m thinking of getting α wesco mini shredder but don’t have many other ideas.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. You can stuff the stocking itself with crinkle paper and then add your mini shredder and maybe some small wicker balls. Some finger trap toys and maybe stuff the finger trap toys with crinkle paper and hide a treat in it. :)

isabella99

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
isabella
Welcome to the forum. You can stuff the stocking itself with crinkle paper and then add your mini shredder and maybe some small wicker balls. Some finger trap toys and maybe stuff the finger trap toys with crinkle paper and hide a treat in it. :)
thank you so much!:smileflower: also your babies so pretty i’d love to have α bigger bird one day:)

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
I'm sorry but I find the names Eggs and Bacon hilarious :rofl: I love it.
Sunnysmom had some good suggestions. Maybe a foraging toy full of treats? Maybe fill the stocking with crinkle paper so they can sort through it to get to a bunch of little toys hidden throughout? I think that'd be fun for them :)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Eggs and Bacon? Love the names! Where's our pictures?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA! My budgies like bells. Maybe you could add a bell.

& I agree with the others - we need pictures. :) Eggs & Bacon are adorable names.

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
How about some of those plastic cat toys with bells inside. Caroline goes crazy for them.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue Isabella 1.welcome signs.gif

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Pieces of toys or foot toys would be fun :) balsa, cork, etc!

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Mine like containers overfilled with plastic beads and little treasures like balsa wood or other shreddables that they have to forage around for.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
thank you so much!:smileflower: also your babies so pretty i’d love to have α bigger bird one day:)
Thank you. We need some pics of yours! :) I actually always said I would never have a cockatoo. LOL. Never say never. He's a good boy and a lot of fun but way more work than the tiels, definitely.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
The first Christmas Fergus was here I got TOTALLY inappropriate toys, I can tell you that - LOL. One was a tiny truck made of metal... (a no-no because of the paint). Anyway, I learned to do much more appropriate toys, untreated cardboard stuff, finger traps, crinkle paper, much of what folks are describing here! Good luck.

isabella99

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
isabella
Thank you. We need some pics of yours! :) I actually always said I would never have a cockatoo. LOL. Never say never. He's a good boy and a lot of fun but way more work than the tiels, definitely.
i’m sorry for the late reply lol i’m never on here, i’ll definitely post α picture of them tmr!:^) id love to have α bigger bird in the future even if it was an indian ringneck parrot, i’m getting 2 cockatiels and 1 parakeet soon from my boyfriends sister in about 2 weeks, do you have any tips on getting them used to me? i know the basic like sitting by the cage and talking to them but she described them as aggressive (i don’t blame them, she’s always at work) i thought of giving them some dried chamomile when they’re first getting used to me and maybe at night since they’re prone to night frights.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
i’m sorry for the late reply lol i’m never on here, i’ll definitely post α picture of them tmr!:^) id love to have α bigger bird in the future even if it was an indian ringneck parrot, i’m getting 2 cockatiels and 1 parakeet soon from my boyfriends sister in about 2 weeks, do you have any tips on getting them used to me? i know the basic like sitting by the cage and talking to them but she described them as aggressive (i don’t blame them, she’s always at work) i thought of giving them some dried chamomile when they’re first getting used to me and maybe at night since they’re prone to night frights.
I've never used just chamomile so I don't know one way or another about that. There is also a product called Avi Calm. And also Herb Salad which is a variety of dried herbs, which may also include chamomile. I am actually a fan of Herb Salad for birds. Try to get all the info you can from your friend- food, bedtime, covered/not covered etc and keep everything as same as possible until they adjust to being at your house and then start making the changes that you want to make. With the exception of if they don't have a night light, I would definitely give the tiels a night light since they are prone to night frights. Even though they are your friend's birds, it's always a good idea to quarantine new birds before introducing them to your birds.

isabella99

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
isabella
I've never used just chamomile so I don't know one way or another about that. There is also a product called Avi Calm. And also Herb Salad which is a variety of dried herbs, which may also include chamomile. I am actually a fan of Herb Salad for birds. Try to get all the info you can from your friend- food, bedtime, covered/not covered etc and keep everything as same as possible until they adjust to being at your house and then start making the changes that you want to make. With the exception of if they don't have a night light, I would definitely give the tiels a night light since they are prone to night frights. Even though they are your friend's birds, it's always a good idea to quarantine new birds before introducing them to your birds.
do you think it’d be okay to keep them in the same room just not directly beside eachother? i can’t let my birds out at the moment because they don’t quite know how to get around my room yet and they crashland so them getting closer wouldn’t really be an issue. also how long should i quarantine them?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
do you think it’d be okay to keep them in the same room just not directly beside eachother? i can’t let my birds out at the moment because they don’t quite know how to get around my room yet and they crashland so them getting closer wouldn’t really be an issue. also how long should i quarantine them?
Quarantine should actually be in separate rooms for 30 days.

isabella99

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
isabella
i just saw that yes i should keep them in separate rooms and about 30 days if possible,
Quarantine should actually be in separate rooms for 30 days.
thank you, i was just about to reply and say i looked that up, thank you for your help:)