• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Choosing a bird food!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
The Zupreem has their fruitland pellets already mixed in. If you don't mind feeding food with artificial colors, go for it.

Harrison's super fine is good stuff. Were you able to find Zupreem natural for budgies?

Meerkat07

Strolling the yard
Well the natural Zupreems are ok but I get the Roudybush pellets. I feel like i just dont trust Zupreem's excessive sugar levels

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
Yeah Zupreem naturals are good
Good to hear! Since Harrison’s pellets are extremely hard to find in my area, I will use zupreem natural for now until I get them! Thanks you everyone for the help!

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Good to hear! Since Harrison’s pellets are extremely hard to find in my area, I will use zupreem natural for now until I get them! Thanks you everyone for the help!
I feed that too :) But planning to try other brands soon!

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
Well the natural Zupreems are ok but I get the Roudybush pellets. I feel like i just dont trust Zupreem's excessive sugar levels
@Meerkat07
I am guessing you get the nibbles size....
Are the nibbels size good for budgies? Are they easy to chew?

Meerkat07

Strolling the yard
@Meerkat07
I am guessing you get the nibbles size....
Are the nibbels size good for budgies? Are they easy to chew?
Yes i get the nibbles for them they are pretty easy to chew but if they are having a hard time converting to how hard it is i would put a little water in the bowl to soften it (maybe 1-5 drops) and slowly put less and less until they can eat it dry. Just be careful not to put too much water if your birds dont like eating wet stuff

Meerkat07

Strolling the yard
I would get nibbles as crumbles are HUGE when I saw them at the store.
yes even if your bird could eat crumbles i would recommend giving them the size down anyway, or just getting them started that way. That way it fits easier in their small beaks, and they don't spill/waste as much.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
MY BUDGIES ARE CONVERTING TO ROUDYBUSH PELLETS!! I am so excited since I found some online :eeeek::bliss:
Just because you found some and can purchase them, doesn´t mean your birds will eat them. I really hope they do, but be prepared in case they do not like them. I have some that eat one brand, and others that eat another.

Meerkat07

Strolling the yard
@Skyandkiwi
Just because you found some and can purchase them, doesn´t mean your birds will eat them. I really hope they do, but be prepared in case they do not like them. I have some that eat one brand, and others that eat another.
Yes, many birds are very picky.

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
yes, I will be purchasing the Zupreme natural as well and see which ones they prefer.