• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Choosing a bird food!

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
This is a link to their various seed and pellet products for budgies. You can look through the products and see if they have anything you want.
I don't have budgies but I do purchase products from Chewy and am satisfied with their service and support.
I know that Caitec now makes an extra small bird formula in their Oven Fresh Bites line but Chewy doesn't sell the Caitec products.
You can purchase directly from Caitec. I do use the Caitec Oven Fresh Bites for my 'tiels and larger birds.
Yes, I know chewy. But does it ship to Canada?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Finding pellets is nearly impossible in stores. It’s always seeds! Online stores are okay but are always out of stock! Can someone give me a website where’s I can buy some bird pellets?
What are you looking for? I have all that you mentioned, in stock in my store.

Shop Things for Wings, she's in Canada her link is a top banner

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
What are you looking for? I have all that you mentioned, in stock in my store.

Shop Things for Wings, she's in Canada her link is a top banner
I am looking for harrisons adult lifetime super fine pellets

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Have you tried looking on unapproved vendor? The last time I looked I think they were instock.

*edit oops my suggested got blocked out. Hope I didn't suggest some bad site or something?

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
Have you tried looking on unapproved vendor? The last time I looked I think they were instock.

*edit oops my suggested got blocked out. Hope I didn't suggest some bad site or something?
I’ve checked almost everywhere! I need a website that has the food I want in stock, ships to Canada and doesn’t have a very expensive shipping fee.....
Where’s I live, the only pet stores I have in my area is petsmart and pet value. Neither of them sell the food I need. Just unhealthy seeds!! I’ve put myself on a wait list for multiple websites that have the food I want but out of stock so I am still waiting on that! Very frustrating!!

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
Why not get the fine pellets and grind it up yourself?
Not a bad idea actually! Although, I am worried that the pellets may be soft and crumbly causing it to crush into dust. It’s definitely more work, but something to consider. If I can’t get pellets for now, I will use seeds until there are pellets in stock. Which seeds do you suggest I use as I wait to get some pellets? I’d like you to choose from the following foods, I’ve also included the ingredients:

Attachments

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
T
Not a bad idea actually! Although, I am worried that the pellets may be soft and crumbly causing it to crush into dust. It’s definitely more work, but something to consider. If I can’t get pellets for now, I will use seeds until there are pellets in stock. Which seeds do you suggest I use as I wait to get some pellets? I’d like you to choose from the following foods, I’ve also included the ingredients:
I’ve heard that these seeds aren’t too bad. Check out the ingredients I’ve posted for each one and tell me what you think is the healthiest option....

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Not a bad idea actually! Although, I am worried that the pellets may be soft and crumbly causing it to crush into dust.
I can't imagine pellets being that soft. My Zupreem natural ones are so hard but then I've not tried others. It does give yousome dust and is an extra effort but I don't mind doing it. If you're that concerned about getting something now then you could consider it.

If not get in touch with the sellers about when it'll be instock :)

Sorry I'm not too sure about those seed blends, maybe someone else will know better!