• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Choking/Trouble Swallowing

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Rockybird...I have a human friend whose palate is so high and narrow that she once got a piece of raw spinach stuck in it while we were eating out. She had no idea that her palate wasn't "typical"! :lol:
Wow! :lol:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
SMall particle that are trapped can be moved along eating soft food such as mashed potatoes or similar of what she likes. Liquids don't move food along as well.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
SMall particle that are trapped can be moved along eating soft food such as mashed potatoes or similar of what she likes. Liquids don't move food along as well.
Thank you. I will certainly take note of that in case anything happens! :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Chipper did this same thing last week just after he ate Roudybush crumbles. After a few min. he stopped. I will not feed them again to budgies. The food says it is ok for parakeets but I do not after this event. So glad your little one is ok now.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Chipper did this same thing last week just after he ate Roudybush crumbles. After a few min. he stopped. I will not feed them again to budgies. The food says it is ok for parakeets but I do not after this event. So glad your little one is ok now.
Hmmmm. If it happens again I will certainly have to reconsider feeding them, but Roudybush is the only pellet she'll eat.
It might just be a once in a lifetime thing, but I would never want it to happen again. Food for though, def. Thanks for sharing, glad your little one is okay!

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Sorry I missed this. Is she ok now?

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe

:hug8: I'm sorry I missed this also, but am very happy all turned out well

ddy13

Walking the driveway
I wonder if she might be a he, my blue masked scared me by stuffing himself . they do that to feed the females. He has learned to do it right now.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
I wonder if she might be a he, my blue masked scared me by stuffing himself . they do that to feed the females. He has learned to do it right now.
:lol: Funny story. :)
She was a he until I watched her lay an egg! :rofl:

ddy13

Walking the driveway
:rofl: I guess the egg did it for me, sorry. All birds over do the eating thing so I try and make them eat vegetables and fruit .