• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chloe got out! (SW Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onthewingsofmacaws

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Patricia
Before I got Nevaeh she aperantly escaped from her previous owner. She didn't go far from home though she flew into a 100 ft tall tree behind their house and stayed there for 3 weeks. everyday all day someone was trying to coax her down. one day she stepped out on to a branch that wouldn't hold her weigh and down she came branch and all she was fine but very hungry. Many Macaws that escape stay very close to their homes so I would sure her cage is in the yard and all her favorite toys also. If she has a bird frien I would put that bird outside as well. I hope you get her back soo please update us if there has been any sightings or even a hint that she is still in the area. I am praying for her safe return. I trully hope she finds her way home soon.

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Oh no im so sorry!!! Please keep us updated..any news?

Djuna

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
Missi this is awful news.

I hope she is found, I'm so sorry :hug8:

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Keeping you in my prayers:hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:( Please come home Chloe...

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Checking again today. Praying for good news.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Ohhhh this is really upsetting. I keep checking here, holding my breath, hoping for good news and then nothing. Chloe please come home, I know your mommy needs you.

R

Redfrontman

I'm so sorry chloe got out, I wish you find your RF quickly and safely.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Oh no Chloe:hug8:

When you see her, don't yell her recall, but say it in a clear calm voice.

The thing about yelling a cue, it doesn't sound the same as when you say it, so she wont understand it. Say it calmly " Come here Chloe" and hold your hand up in the air for the cue.

PRINT OUT loss ads, and go to ANY PET STORE within the area, GO TO AVIAN VET OFFICES TOO! CALL WILDLIFE PLACES!!

When most birds fly out, they keep going straight but then typically do a U turn eventually, so every morning call out and say her name, and call out and say things you two say together.

Micki

Real Name
Micki
Seems I think about you and Chloe every day. Still hoping she returns to you safely. Don't you just wish people understood how very precious and important our birds are to us?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I think of you too. Hope you can come back and tell us if there has been any sightings, or better yet, that she is home safe! Sending good positive energy and keeping you and Chloe in my prayers.:hug8:

Lovebird

Real Name
Kathy
Whatever you do... Don't give up!
Two of my 1 year old lovebirds escaped last summer and we sat out on the back deck from 4 am to dark for two days dragging the other bird cages in and outside with us. After two terrible lightening and thunder rain storms we finally spotted them in a tree in the next door neighbors front yard and managed to lure them back into the cage. It was a harrowing experience and I really never thought I would see them again.
I also alerted all the neighbors and Parrot 911 and they at least were able to give me moral support. But the biggest hugs and thank yous go to the dear, wonderful people here at the forum, without whom I could not have gotten through it. Good luck to you!!!

Deej

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Deena
Not the update everyone is waiting for (including me), but I have gotten two responses from the emails I sent out last week to the Florida bird clubs. They both have posted this on their websites and have sent out mass emails to all of their members so the word is getting out there. Please Chloe come home!!! :angel1:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Still have my fingers crossed that she will find her way home/

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
My fingers are still crossed, that she comes home safe and sound!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I talked to Missi yesterday and she has not found Chloe yet. She has put up flyers and put ad in CL and the local newspaper. She had friends help her look on Saturday but without success.

Ginger

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
THanks for the update Ginger, this is so terrible...I can't imagine how Missi is feeling right now...I hope someone finds Chloe soon..

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for the update Ginger! I know so many of us have been concerned for Chloe as well as Missi. Not knowing is sometimes the hardest part.

Status
Not open for further replies.