• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chlamydiosis or diarrhea or constipation?

Lonewlf

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi everyone. My female cockatiel Lola started showing some symptoms today and not sure what to think. She is heading to the bottom of the cage, is sleeping all the time, and poofs up. She keeps making small whiny noises when she preens and is focusing primarily under her tail feathers. Her droppings are a bright green and white watery. They are missing the feces part but have the urine and the white urates. Googling gives me that she may be constipated or have diarrhea or chlamydiosis. Any advice other than go to vet would be greatly appreciated. I will take her but asking fellow bird lovers first. Thank you

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Could be anything from a bacterial infection, to a fungal infection (includes chlamydiosis), to an upset tummy, to a intestinal blockage...……. The only way you will find out is to take her to a vet and soon.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I agree with @Hankmacaw -it could be a number of things. Try to get her to a vet asap. Birds are good at hiding their illness and often by the time they start showing signs are already pretty sick. Keep us posted.