• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chirp

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am just seeing this now. I am so sorry. He was very lucky to have you as a parront. Fly free little one.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Today I woke up panicking, not knowing where Chirp was because I have his cage in my room still. It took a minute for the harsh reality to set in.

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
Today I woke up panicking, not knowing where Chirp was because I have his cage in my room still. It took a minute for the harsh reality to set in.
I understand the feeling. Last night, my companion of seven years passed away from a stroke caused by the bursting of a tumor in her abdomen. She died surrounded by loved ones, and had been happy and lively to her last day, just like your Chirp. She was a good guinea pig, and I woke up today looking at her enclosure and watching our other guinea pig all alone. Two of my piggies have died of old age in the last year, as well as my dear Perry. I have a feeling that our feathered and furred friends up there are introducing each other and getting settled into their new paradise.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm so very sorry. Many hugs.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I cleaned out his food bowls, removed his favorite toys and his favorite grapewood perch, and picked all the little feathers I could find off the floor. His cage is in the dining room now. I can't stand to look at it.

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
:sadhug2:
Wings high little one.
Thank you for being his guardian angel for his time on earth and I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
@taxidermynerd Give yourself time. I had to go in waves when my last kitty passed. I put a lot of her stuff into boxes until I was ready to deal with it.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@taxidermynerd I can only imagine what you are going thru & I'm so sorry! I can tell you that you never forget but each day gives us a little more solace in these tragedies. Not a one of us could've done more for the sweetness named Chirp than you did. He is held up high by every regular AA member that has shared in his struggles. He is the biggest budgie there ever could be, IMO! What a darling & strong little fighter! :sadhug:

@MC_Hahn's I'm sorry for your loss, sometimes it's the smallest ones on this earth that give the biggest love! :sadhug2:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
:sadhug2:I am so very sorry Bee. We will all miss this beautiful boy here. :sorrow:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
So very sorry for your loss of Chirp :sadhug:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I feel bad for you, but you acted out of love. Letting him go with dignity.

After Jenny passed, I could not bear myself to disassemble it. Too big of a cage. I cleaned it after a few weeks and cried tossing all her stuff. I almost tossed her favorite perch.

To this day, it's Sophie's sleep perch, same as Jen. Just remember, as I remind myself. Life is living! We go on even though the memories and physical things remind us.

Jenny's name is STILL on Sophie's cage. It will stay there.

Sending you more virtual hugs! :hug8:

Last edited:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Lurch used Nerds original small cage and many of his toys. He totally adopted the cage and toys and when he got his new much bigger, nicer cage he still kept going over to Nerds old one like hanging out with a old friend. He played with most of the leftover toys and was happy but he did like his new mansion too. I kept it around for emergency use and if we rescued any wild birds needing help. I gave it finally to the neighbor to use when he rescued a pigeon a hawk tried to eat but dropped. I told him to give it back when he was done but they moved away. Maybe he'll bring it back, maybe not but it gave that poor pigeon a safe place to recuperate so that's OK.
It hurts at first having the memory around but if you get another bird who needs a loving flock it will start new memories and help you both.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
This is his spot on the shelf. His favorite things are here: His grapewood perch, his favorite toy, a toy he chewed on, his buddy @finchly sent him. And a quick link, he always loved pulling on them and running his tongue over the textured part.

Also a cut from the same fabric I used to shroud Chirp. A portrait Chewy sent us way back. And a collage of his feathers. This is where he will go when he comes home.

15853657940868227618180402303455.jpg

Last edited:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
This is his spot on the shelf. His favorite things are here: His grapewood perch, his favorite toy, a toy he chewed on, his buddy @finchly sent him. And a quick link, he always loved pulling on them and running his tongue over the textured part.

Also a cut from the same fabric I used to shroud Chirp. A portrait Chewy sent us way back. And a collage of his feathers. This is where he will go when he comes home.

View attachment 332180
Bee, what a beautiful memorial you made in honor of Chirps life's journey with you.
Someday we will all be together again with the ones we love.
:grouphug:

Last edited:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I am sorry for your loss Bee. Your love will live on.