• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chirp

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
I read your other thread without comment but lots of tears. My heart aches for you. You will always have sad moments—grief is like that—but it does get better. Like many here, I’ve walked this road with beloved pets. It hurts. I’m happy that spunky little Chirp is flying high and no longer in pain. You did a wonderful job with your little sweetie. :grouphug: :sorrow:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m very sorry for your loss, Bee :sadhug:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
With her sorry heart I read your post I am so sorry for your losS Fly free little one

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry Bee :sadhug2: Your dedication and love for Chirp is so felt by all of us here. Chirp's illness broke my heart but your determination to give him everything he needed was awe inspiring. You truly did right by him, and I hope you find some comfort in that. :heart:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am so awfully sorry your very long, scary and painful medical journey with him didn’t end positively. I really have found your devotion to being the best carer for Chirp to be very very inspiring. You did such a wonderful job of providing him with everything a little fluff butt could ever need and want including massive amounts of love and attention which you should be so proud of yourself for. Through this whole thing you have always put his needs and health before your own and I really do believe this last choice you made really highlights the love and respect you have for him.
My heart hurts for the loss of cheeky Chirp as I am sure many other AA members can and will say also. We will all be mourning right alongside you so please don’t ever feel alone while coming to terms with the changes.... we are all here for you sunshine :sadhug2:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry Bee. :sadhug2:
It’s wonderful that Chirp’s last days were happy, and he passed while you were by his side.:heart: I feel that you are really a true hero in how you cared for that special little bird, and I hope if I was ever in that type of situation I would handle everything half as well as you did. Chirp was one lucky bird, and we all will mourn his loss with you. Fly high sweet little Chirp. :sorrow:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
:sadhug2:

May he rest in peace now, no longer suffering or in pain. It's clear he was quite the little fighter, too! And he had you there with him as he passed. Many animals pass without their humans around. He is beyond lucky to have had you as his person.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The vet told me, after she announced time of death, that Chirp's heartbeat was irregular. I dont know what to make of that. Not that it matters now.
Perhaps his vital organs were starting to shut down?

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
If you’re seeing the vet tomorrow maybe you could jot down any unanswered questions and ask about them just for your piece of mind.
We can't go in, we'll just leave stuff at the door. They made an exception for euthanasia.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Oh, Bee. I'm so very sorry.

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
So very sorry Bee! :sadhug2: :sadhug2: :sadhug2: Sending massive hugs. :sorrow:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so very sorry, Bee.

I hope that somewhere, there is a flock of all the dearly loved birds of AA and that Chirp is flying joyfully with them, forever free of pain.