• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chilly's emergency appointment

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Chilly had been vomiting a lot over the past 24 hours, so I contacted the vet and they had me bring him in immediately. They did blood work and xrays, found nothing that would cause it. They figured that it was probably just a stomach bug, and sent him home with anti nausea meds. One thing they did find was that he had elevated calcium levels, and they want to see him back in a couple weeks for it. If it's still elevated then they are going to run tests and check for cancer.

Good news is, since he's last appointment he lost about 7 pounds, and is now at 19 pounds and only 4 pounds overweight! Good job Chilly.

It's probably nothing, but I'm afraid of the possibility that it is cancer, I can't afford treatment, so he'll either live at home comfortably until his time comes, or he'll be put down. The fact that they found nothing on the xrays give me hope that it really is just nothing.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that Chilly has been ill and hope he will be 100% soon. Sending positive thoughts.

Reactions: Ali

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yikes that’s scary!

Sometimes I think they do this just to keep us on our toes.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sending positive healing thoughts for Chilly!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Sending good thoughts!

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Made his appointment, he goes back on September 9th. One problem is that it's too soon for me to ask off, so I just have to hope that I'm not scheduled for work, or that someone will be willing to pick it up if I am scheduled.