• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chillaxing... Will this help for us to bond?

SharFully

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sharona
Heeya! We're quite new here and well. My baby is with me for almost 4 months. We have our ups and even more downs. She's my first bird and she is a rehomed one.

She used to be Hella scared of me, and these days she's not as much but still is. Especially from my hands.

We got advice to just spend time close to each other. Hench I got a her a cage on wheels so I can take her anywhere in the room where I am.

Today we're relaxing. Sprawled on the bed and she hanging in her trapeze. She has a clean cage and new made toys. She loves her paper and her foraging box~

But! I was wondering doing things like this. Being close to her whole she can stay in her trusted cage. Will this still help with the bonding process? 20210403_152236.jpg

Lexusblond

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Oh yes very much so, the thing I always try and keep at the front of my mind with any interaction is they are prey animals and until you convince them otherwise you are a predator! So just being close and letting her feel safe is always a step in the right direction...pic of my two fluffies just because the are too cute not to share... :heart2: 20210321_124645.jpg

jzarc17

Real Name
Jackie
I agree with the above 100 percent.

I she food motivated? Does she eagerly accept treats?

SharFully

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sharona
I agree with the above 100 percent.

I she food motivated? Does she eagerly accept treats?
She has her moments. In general, yes! Sunflower seed wins her over most of the time. I give her treats through the bars when she doesn't skit away when I'm near and I've noticed it takes her less time to go for that treat. Less hesitation.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Scatter some seeds near your head when you’re lying down. She might venture out.

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
How's it going? Are you snuggle buddies yet?:grouphug3: