• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chickens, I tell you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cephus

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Brian
About 2 weeks ago, someone saw a field mouse run into the building at work. We tried for a while to find it without any success. We saw it from time to time but it was too fast to catch. On Friday, I finally found it, it's tail stuck on a glue board, but otherwise unharmed. I took it outside, peeled it's tail off the glue and set it free. On the way back into the building, what did I find walking around the parking lot? A chicken! After chasing it around a little, I caught it, it was really thin, apparently someone's "pet", it had something tied around one leg that the chicken apparently bit through and escaped. The chicken has now gone to a good home that's going to take care of it.

But seriously... a chicken?
Chicken.jpg

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Chickens are very smart and can be fun as pets - we have 4 right now, one of those lives in the courtyard instead of the chicken pen - lines up with the dogs for treats and follows me around outside with them, she either thinks she is a feather people or a dog :lol:

and thanks for rescuing her!! :thumbsup:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I'm glad you rescued him and found him a good home. Thank you :hug8:

Cephus

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Brian
Of course I rescued her, it's what I do, it's just weird to have a chicken wandering around in a parking lot in the middle of a city. There aren't any homes anywhere around, I'm not sure where it came from. She's got a good home now though, that's what counts.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
That is odd Brian - could be that someone dropped her off and you are right - she is in a good home now and that's what's important :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.