• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chicagoland Bird Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justina

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Justina
I was wondering if anyone has been to the Chicagoland bird fair? There is one in Rolling Meadows on the 13th. I have never been to a bird fair so I'm trying to figure out if this one is worth my time, and if they are worth supporting. I'm basically going for toys, cage accessories, etc.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
The Rolling Meadows one is a bit of a shot in the dark. They sometimes have a lot of good bird things.. sometimes not many at all.

I tend to prefer the Joliet one, which mainly has bird things... whereas the Rolling Meadows has reptiles and a mix of other things as well the last time I went.

My FAVORITE is the TASC Midwest Bird Expo. It's going to be HUUUUGE this year and in May. I'm saving my pennies already!

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
If you can, I would wait til TASC as well. You'll find everything you're looking for and more than you ever thought you'd bring home :)

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I go to the Rolling Meadows fair quite often .. never seen reptiles there .. but there are a few booths who aren't quite "bird related".

I think there's a good selection generally .. it can be hit and miss. If it's not a long drive for you .. it might be worth it .. only $3 to get in.

One of my favorite bird shops is always there .. Jo's Birds .. they have a nice selection as do several other vendors. Not a ton of cages usually, but a decent amount of toys and accessories.

Again, I'd say if your not far .. it's worth a look see ... but .. like everyone else said .. TASC is the motherload of bird fairs .. can't wait for that !!!!

birdontherocks

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
John
The Rolling Meadows fair and the Joliet fair are both run by the same folks. Much the same vendors also attend both. Rolling Meadows is a bit larger and there isn't reptile supplies there. I was a vendor there for years until my time got to be more valuable at home in my shop than at the fair. There are a few in the area worth going to though. TASC for sure and Grand Rapids MI fair in the spring and fall and ann Arbor in the summer. Ann Arbor is almost as good at TASC. One other one is in St.Louis MO. It is another huge fair and it is a two day fair so you can really take your time to shop and barter!

Status
Not open for further replies.