• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chewy's getting braver......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
I have a dog as you know. Chewy ain't fond of the dog. Which I am ok with I don't want my bird trying to make friends with a dog. But he was flying away every freaking time this dog came into the room. Now he just starts a little and stays on mommys shoulder. I am so proud of him.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
I have 4 birds that are TERRIFIED of the dogs. I have had Reba since I first started my rescue, so she is not new to the dogs and the previous owners had dogs. Reba does not like dogs no matter what. I have had to move her into my bedroom as well as the other 3 birds into my bedroom away from the dogs. Reba goes into freak out mode where if she is in her cage she start flying and thrashing and I am so afraid she would hurt herself if I kept her in the livingroom. If she is outside of her cage she also will fly and she is not so go at that.

Sooooooo lol my two cents out of that novel would be possibly keep Chewy where the dogs can't go. He may come out of his shell more. But since he isn't starting as much as he used to he might be getting desensitized from the dogs. That is also very good :) Go Chewy :)

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
I wish Icould do that lol. Chewy is in my b-room but.....Syd has to be able to come into my b-room at least at night though. The funny thing is Syd is as scared, if not more scared, of Chewy as Chewy is of him. he has no desier to be near the bird when he is out, he normally hightails it upstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.