• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chewy!

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Last weekend I adopted a parrotlet named Chewbacca. Not sure if male or female, so I call the little fella Chewy. Chewy was with another parrotlet for 7 YEARS and was being picked on by that other parrotlet. The shelter had separated them because the green one was mean to the blue one (Chewy).
I planned on adopting both, but only got one. Their previous owner didn't give them names, and they had been kept in a small cage together without toys. The shelter believes that the green one became aggressive out of boredom, and possibly started plucking his own feathers (they weren't sure if he did it himself or if Chewy had done it)

Parrotlets are an unbelievable $800-$1000 here (green on low end, pied on high end) but with an adoption price of $10 I couldn't pass this up. Also look at this adorable little fluff ball! 20221212_101013.jpg 20221212_101029.jpg 20221212_101022.jpg
This was my small cage, I had used it as a travel cage to transport Chewy home.

And yes, Chewy's head is practically bald.

Chewy also freaks out when I enter the room without my glasses on. Like, geez, I know I don't exactly look good but do you have to be so mean about it?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Last weekend I adopted a parrotlet named Chewbacca. Not sure if male or female, so I call the little fella Chewy. Chewy was with another parrotlet for 7 YEARS and was being picked on by that other parrotlet. The shelter had separated them because the green one was mean to the blue one (Chewy).
I planned on adopting both, but only got one. Their previous owner didn't give them names, and they had been kept in a small cage together without toys. The shelter believes that the green one became aggressive out of boredom, and possibly started plucking his own feathers (they weren't sure if he did it himself or if Chewy had done it)

Parrotlets are an unbelievable $800-$1000 here (green on low end, pied on high end) but with an adoption price of $10 I couldn't pass this up. Also look at this adorable little fluff ball! View attachment 419047 View attachment 419048 View attachment 419049
This was my small cage, I had used it as a travel cage to transport Chewy home.

And yes, Chewy's head is practically bald.

Chewy also freaks out when I enter the room without my glasses on. Like, geez, I know I don't exactly look good but do you have to be so mean about it?
He's absolutely adorable! Congrats on adopting him.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Congratulations on your new baby so gorgeous
I am not sure on parrotlets but I would say female because they don’t have electric blue at side of their face (as I’ve read males do in blue parrotlets but I maybe totally wrong and as they have feathers missing

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
I also say female, no blue rump or deep blue edge of wings. I’ve had an American yellow for 10 years and had gotten a blue baby but he was sick when I got him so only had him a couple of months. They are feisty little guys but so much personality and fun to be with. I miss my little buddies, but could not get another one so needed up with a GCC, totally different bird but just as crazy and so much fun. :heart:

Check out talkparrotlets.com a website dedicated to p’letts. You will get so much info between the two websites, that any questions you may have will be answered. Enjoy your new baby!

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:congrats5:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Chewy is adorable! You cracked me up with the glasses comment! I could say the SAME thing! (but mine don't seem to notice!)

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Congrats on your new bird. Chewy is adorable :)

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Congrats! Chewy is adorable :heart: