• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cheeky is sick

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I have a vet appointment for this afternoon but I wonder if anyone recognizes symptoms. Yesterday a couple of times she repeatedly blew puffs out her nose not like sneezing but she quit and seemed fine. This morning she obviously feels bad, wouldn’t take a treat and is excessively rubbing her beak and the sides of her head. Anyone have a clue about this ? I have a problem with anxiety and am very worried right now

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am wondering if a sinus infection or something along those lines. I hope she feels better soon. Keep her warm.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Sounds like sinus infection to me too. Can you get humidifier close to Cheeky's cage. It might help.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So many illnesses share the same symptoms, that it's impossible to know without having more information like the vet will collect.

Even in humans you couldn't say what it is just by knowing someone has a stuffy nose. It could be caused allergies, a cold, flu, COVID, respiratory infection, sinus infection, dust, pregnancy....

Focus on the good. You noticed something was wrong because you are an attentive and observant parront, and you are seeking help from someone who can figure it out :) :hug4:

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
she was feeling much better after noon but we went to vet anyway. The vet said it looks like an early sinus infection and gave me antibiotics and nose drops. You guys nailed it. I feel much better now that she feels better. Hope I can get those antibiotics in as well as the doc. Thanks for the support

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Its a good idea for bird owners to keep an eye out on the humidity in your home in winter. A hygrometer measures humidity and they do not cost much. When the humidity gets below 30% a good humidifier would help the humans and birds.

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Thanks. I do have a humidity gauge in my home and it never gets low. A side effect of living in good ole Mississippi