• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Cheeky hawks

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
While eating my breakfast with the birds, I realize that Opie is being awfully quiet. So I look over and see that he is standing motionless with his head feathers standing up! It took me a few seconds to realize why...

D8B913B0-C12C-4FA8-98D5-C0968B240D11.jpeg
Brave and confident hawk decided to settle in on the window ledge next to Opie’s cage!!! Poor Opie! I shooed him away, but these red-shouldered Hawks are much braver than the usual Cooper’s Hawks we get!

BB8E602D-470A-4FEB-8110-A11AEBF02CCD.jpeg

Pippa!

Walking the driveway
Wow! Hawks have become so bold lately. My friend tells me stories about hawks in her chicken yard. They will actually go right up to the coop and try to get into it.

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
Wow! How beautiful! We have hawks that live in out neighborhood and get pretty close, but not like that.

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
Wow! Hawks are such beauties! :heart:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Wow! What a beauty!! Poor Opie.

Burt was being watched by a goshawk that settled on the neighbours shed roof to watch him… I honestly thought he was wresting with an intruder with the amount of screaming he was doing. It hung around Burt’s window for a few days stalking Burt. The same hawk was circling my pond while I had the wire off it and was cleaning it and he also hit the window trying to get Squeak. After all his crashes and failed attempts he seemed to stop hanging out in my yard. Some of them are so very brave!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow! What a beauty!! Poor Opie.

Burt was being watched by a goshawk that settled on the neighbours shed roof to watch him… I honestly thought he was wresting with an intruder with the amount of screaming he was doing. It hung around Burt’s window for a few days stalking Burt. The same hawk was circling my pond while I had the wire off it and was cleaning it and he also hit the window trying to get Squeak. After all his crashes and failed attempts he seemed to stop hanging out in my yard. Some of them are so very brave!
Wow! They are persistent! A Cooper’s Hawk rushed the storm door to get at the budgies last summer! Scared them and me to death!