• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Checklist for bringing home an Galah

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Such pretty birds. More subdued than the Corella here. My friend 2 blocks away has galaga hang by his house. I took a few photos from distance. 20200511_222449.jpg
20200511_222109.jpg

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
This has to be the most enjoyable, not to mention, interesting post that I have read in a long time. I hope it continues. I am rooting for you to take the U2 home too. :)

MortonGro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Eric
This has to be the most enjoyable, not to mention, interesting post that I have read in a long time. I hope it continues. I am rooting for you to take the U2 home too. :)
Thank you so much. Sorry for delay. Been working hard and preparing for Bindi (it is a girl named in honor of Irwin family). She comes home tomorrow. I'm pumped.

keirieski17

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Keila
I was going to share my experience with a galah but it looks like you got most of the things I wanted to say. They very much want to be the center of your world, and at least in my experience are very jealous! But my girl is precious and there’s nothing better than her curled up under my chin making her little purr sound. Good luck with Bindi!

keirieski17

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Keila
I should also point out that Lola will 9/10 take her frustration out on me instead of on the offending party, whether that’s a bird in our space or a person I’m talking to— and Galahs carry a nasty bite

MortonGro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Eric
I should also point out that Lola will 9/10 take her frustration out on me instead of on the offending party, whether that’s a bird in our space or a person I’m talking to— and Galahs carry a nasty bite
Yikes. OK I'm a little worried about that! But I appreciate you letting me know.

keirieski17

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Keila
Yikes. OK I'm a little worried about that! But I appreciate you letting me know.
To be fair, I don’t thing Lola was ever trained very well. Her background is hazy and a little sketchy, so it might just be the best way she knows to communicate that she’s unhappy. She’s the only Galah I’ve been around so I don’t know how much of her attitude is Galah things and how much is just Lola things