• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cheap n Easy

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
I use a lot of suspended perches, cheap and easy. I use ceiling hooks and heavy weight fishing line ( it can be weighted to catch fish of hundreds of pounds). If mine had bigger beaks or were inclined to chew the fishing line ( they don't ) id use plastic chain to above their head height on perches then tie to the fishing line.

This gives lots of space for my flock of 6 to spread out. Increases flying excersize between areas. Takes advantage of the wasted vertical space above cages. With the addition of ladders or a hanging knotted rope this would give non flighted parrots more room to explore and increase their movement too. And 95% are on these and not my furniture.

Plus I add things for them to find, chew stuff, foraging, toys.

Its nothing fancy. Many of you are sure to have more elaborate set ups. Please feel free to add you pictures! I'd love to see them!!

But maybe will inspire those who just have their parrots sitting on cage doors when out to add more. A lot of time sitting on narrow doors can hurt or be uncomfortable to feet over time.

One of mine over cage tops , bong straightened out. Ta-dah on perch
20220824_085409.jpg
Another option with Pikachu and Penny
20220824_082852.jpg
Cloudy hangs out with them
20220824_083101_1.jpg
One by the backyard Pikachu and Phoebe
20220824_084617.jpg
There are more ;) 20220618_132959.jpg

Last edited:

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Thank for the idea I will try to try it :DA lot of people will enjoy this idea:birdance:
:thanks:

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
That looks awesome. I need to hang an atom for Lovie but I haven't bought the pvc for the chain yet... and have to find the studs in the ceiling. Lots of things on my to do list.