• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Charlie is identifying as both Male and Female?

Ira B

Meeting neighbors
Charlie is about 6 months old. I've had him for about 6 weeks. At times, when he is playing with his toys he "bobs" at them with his wings open like a heart shape. He also usually regurgitates at his toy at that time. When my daughter approaches him, he has done that also just recently. He will also sometimes regurgitate when seeing himself in a mirror.
With me he acts totally different. If I approach him an say good boy to him when I'm right near him, he tilts his head back and starts squeaking, even before I pet the back of his head or his neck under his beak. He keeps squeaking till I stop petting him. Is this normal to exhibit both sexes or is it something else. Thanks in advance. Screenshot_20210604-183031.jpg

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I don't see multiple genders in what you're describing.

Charlie sounds like a bird who has established different levels of comfort with different people, and therefore has different interactions with each.

If this is a your first bird, this article might be useful as Charlie matures...