• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Changing

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
The changes are starting to come in little bursts with Gracie and Bo as they get older with the things they do. The distance flying is getting shorter. Even going from the platform perch to my shoulder which is less than 2 feet is starting to be a little bit much for Gracie at times. She finds climbing down to me easier and hoping on to my shoulder easier or she is trying to see what I am hiding in the treat basket? The napping in the morning is now a thing that I look forward too but oddly the hubby is now getting jealous of. Gracie gets up eats a little bit and promptly wants to cuddle and nap. Usually the duration of an hour long show that has been on the dvr no less.

Bo has been doing a little bit better but still not a fan of the bread and peanut butter thing for weight gain. He doesn't mind the misting so much. I m going to try some sunflower seeds and see if that will help him pack it on a little bit. He is finally starting to like the Church channel grandma watches all day and talks back to the priest that does all the yelling. Guess he substitutes for Jerry Springer in his mind lol. That bird really loved watching that stuff it was a trip in a half.

They have their afternoon nap time together and let each other know they are going to take a nap and then there is nothing but silence for about an hour. After that all bets are off. They both wake up in the middle of night like old people to go get a snack from the fridge and munch on their food and knock right back out for the rest of the night.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Your bird is so pretty. How old? I am surprised about the middle of night wake up. So you get up too?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Awww. Such little cuties. Have you tried giving them senior nutriberries? That was suggested to my as my tiel got older.

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
They are both 17 now and they both get senior nutri-berries and Bo gets special budgie blend ones some times because he throws his food every where. Gracie like treats more than he does which is weird. He is just scared of every little thing so we keep new things to a minimum. Even foods.

I work nights and keep my hours on my days off. Bo flies around a little bit in his Cafe eats and goes back to bed. Gracie sometimes will demand to be let out and stay up with me for a bit then I put her back to bed. She just misses her momma.