• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Changing a picky eater's habits

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
OK BB loves his seed but will snack on pellets at times. He loves millet as well BUT it's time to start learning to eat veggies and cooked food. Now I know he's only been here a little over a week but you can't start to early IMHO. I don't have any illusions that he'll give up seeds and millet for veggies or even do more than pick at them for the time being but I want him to get use to them. I put a little of the Chop I get from Sugarcreek Bird Farm mixed with a bit of cooked wild rice in his cage. I think he saw Cheddar eating his because he did go to bowl and picked at it a bit. Anyone have any secrets to changing a bird to a better diet? Or do I just muddle through like in the past...throwing a ton of food away in the process.

Da Good Stuff! Homemade Chop.

BreakfastPlate.jpg

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think letting him see your other bird eating it is one of the best things to do. :)

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I agree. I wonder if I would have needed to eat so much of monaco's spreads if I had another bird to show her it's not poisoned...

Tops pellets aren't that bad...