• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Change in lovebird

JOPO55

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joanne Mccreith
Hi everyone my male lovebird was constantly regurgitating his food and feeding my female but over the last couple of days it has stopped altogether is somthing wrong maybe or thier mating season over and done with I didn't want them to mate so didn't encourage it by putting any nesting materials in the cage but I'm just wondering why he has stopped doing this they don't seem as lovey dicey as they were any advice would be appreciated thankyou

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I don´t know 100%, but in my own experience with my bonded pairs, I find they go in and out of that super iconic lovebird snuggle, preening phase. Sometimes they are a little distant, for example they will nap on different perches, eat separately, less preening, no mating.
I have noticed this with all three of my pairs, though I´m not quite sure how it works into the seasons, I live in a warm climate where it´s hot and humid most of the year so I won´t be able to draw a solid conclusion on that.

JOPO55

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joanne Mccreith
I don´t know 100%, but in my own experience with my bonded pairs, I find they go in and out of that super iconic lovebird snuggle, preening phase. Sometimes they are a little distant, for example they will nap on different perches, eat separately, less preening, no mating.
I have noticed this with all three of my pairs, though I´m not quite sure how it works into the seasons, I live in a warm climate where it´s hot and humid most of the year so I won´t be able to draw a solid conclusion on that.

JOPO55

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joanne Mccreith
Thankyou for your reply it has put me at ease now knowing other lovebirds react the same xx

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sorry what does bump mean lol xxx
It´s just a way of bringing attention to a post that has had no replies ;)
Each new comment will pull a thread to the top of the What's new list

JOPO55

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joanne Mccreith
It´s just a way of bringing attention to a post that has had no replies ;)
Each new comment will pull a thread to the top of the What's new list
Oh right Thankyou for letting me know just wondered what it meant lol xxxx