• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Chameleon!

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Oh my gosh! That's seriously the coolest colored chameleon I've ever seen! He doesn't even seem real. :heart:
Thanks! They come in some insane colors!

Are they bred in different colours like budgies or is this natural species variation?! If they’re bred that way did they hybridize to increase the number of colours?
I’m not sure if budgies are specific genetic mutations or polygenic?

You can pull these colors from the wild especially my second boy. The blue boy is from lines trying to get the deep rich blue colors with red for purple coloration. I think he’s something like an F10 now on the one side. I’d have to look up the notes to double check his generation. But Ambanja naturally have a wide variety of colors & even the lines bred for deep blue can surprise you with some colors you weren’t expecting. So each line is bred for a natural trait of Ambanja to be enhanced. Some go for the deep blues, others for the more rainbow looking ambanja, some for the mint coloration with purplish bars, others for the light blue & red bars, others for darker blue & distinct red bars, etc. I’m aiming for more more greenish mint coloration with purpleish bars & rainbows with the second boy. My first boy I want blue blue blue with more blue & some red mixed with purples (so nice blue & blurple babies).

Triton the Sire of Elara is Wild Caught & so is that light blue guy on the Dams Side.

Ambanja is a locale of Panther Chameleons & has some sub locales within but they are also the blues & yellows & reds & orange. You have to have a good eye to even try & figure out whats different about some of the sub locales of Ambanja lol

You can cross them with other Panther locales but it’s not really considered a great idea by some & there can be some issues in later generations from what I’ve seen discussed when crossed. Mine are all Ambanja that I’m breeding no crosses. I do have one hybrid boy that is Ambanja & Boroha locality cross but wont be breeding him.

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
I noticed too late but it’s Trident not Triton for the Sires name. That’s going to drive me insane now :rofl: :rofl:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are truly stunning!

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Round Two for Ayla came out to 24. I expected less the second round but she said I do what I want :roflmao: Anyone keeping track she’s at 43 totalo_O

Here she is after laying dirty & basking. She was chasing crickets right after this photo.

and Ayla’s parents!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Round Two for Ayla came out to 24. I expected less the second round but she said I do what I want :roflmao: Anyone keeping track she’s at 43 totalo_O

Here she is after laying dirty & basking. She was chasing crickets right after this photo.

and Ayla’s parents!
Wowza! So many Eggies and what gorgeous parents :heart:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
ooh lots of eggs!

Did she lay them like that in lines?

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
ooh lots of eggs!

Did she lay them like that in lines?
Nope! They bury them. I dug them up for incubation. The container is about 7/8 inches deep & she digs a tunnel all the way down to lay them & covers it all back up when done. The lay bins are pretty big & heavy (50/50 dirt sand mix) so it’s harder to move them around & wastes space. Easier to monitor in smaller lighter containers:)

I’m kind of hoping she doesn’t go for a third round:dead:

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Wowza! So many Eggies and what gorgeous parents :heart:
They are really pretty parents! I was happy to get a Blitzkrieg(dams sire) line girl but honestly a bit more excited for my second female now. I didn’t expect to get both Trident & Randall blood in one girl (didn’t even know he had bred Trident yet until he whipped her out :roflmao::rolleyes:) & excited to see what she produces with Amaris my blue boy:heart:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So blue o_O:cool:

& not willing to sit on a stick

Oh my gosh! It's hard to believe a real animal can be such a beautiful shade of blue! :heart:

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
No panther babies yet. Eggs are still incubating but they are white & look fine!

Friend runs a rescue & got a petstore call that a wild caught girl dropped a bunch of Jackson babies on them. Unfortunately we believe them giving the Jackson girl meds caused the litter to drop a little early. He decided to give out the babies to his contacts with chameleon experience since he didn’t have that much individual setup room & I ended up with this little one at a couple days old. Now about 3 months old & going strong. Mom as it turned out was a beautiful True Rainbow Jackson girl with a full set of 3 giant horns. So this is actually the chameleon species that started my chameleon obsession at 12 yrs old thru photos but I never bought myself.

Arrival week!

Just progression of horn photos haha

First shed!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
So amazing! I'm fascinated with how they look

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Oh.

My.

GAWD.
Amaris is a showoff always :cool:

Rakesh goes thru winter funk & looks a weird yellowish grey with blueish stripes right now:bored: His breeder asked for an update photo & I'm over here like sure but it's not a pretty time right now:rofl:

Last edited: