• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ceres for those interested

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
@mogeton Just to be safe... could you get more pictures with natural lighting? Such as next to a window with the light on your budgie?

mogeton

Meeting neighbors
@mogeton Just to be safe... could you get more pictures with natural lighting? Such as next to a window with the light on your budgie?
Thank you @Monica She is beside a window in these pictures. I could try turning off the other lights too! I'll see if I can do that later today, but it might have to be tomorrow. Thank you!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Thank you @Monica She is beside a window in these pictures. I could try turning off the other lights too! I'll see if I can do that later today, but it might have to be tomorrow. Thank you!
It seems like the lighting is behind or to the side rather than facing straight on. That is, the face is in shadow rather than more in the light, if that makes sense. So having the natural light straight on the cere may be more helpful?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
She is absolutely stunning! I don't think I mentioned that! Love the new photos! Really brings out her colors more!

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I’m pretty sure that Pickle is male but can anyone confirm it?
(these photos were taken in front of a window)

77C94026-8A71-4C19-9DC5-9AAFF15B5A9D.jpeg
E5580E97-91B4-4A00-8CBC-3B6BCBB2E64A.jpeg

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Looking like a young female. Has the cere ever been pink/violet?
Here’s a baby picture of him.
FE33EB11-A5D8-4BB8-9281-2F9F454CC62A.jpeg

The pics I posted here look very different from this one I took in slightly different lighting so it’s pretty confusing. Maybe the sun was just shining so brightly in those other pictures that it looked like there are white rings?
2772CA50-DF9A-4612-B8CA-483056397F1E.jpeg

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden

Hipcricket

Strolling the yard
I heard another way to see male/female is that young female Ceres will have a slight white outline near the nares? Idk how consistent that might be as they age.

Gigibirds

What's the red on Pickle's head?

Pleinair4

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Wendy Mills
Oh dear.
Thank you so much for this! Thought I chose a male to be with our boy, Maddy (who even the vet thought to be a girl till he matured) due to the powder blue cere.
Ruh-oh
!

Pleinair4

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Wendy Mills
Its pretty good because I thought my hen was a male when their cere was light blue. Because I falsely assumed blue cere = male. Then I got her another hen as a partner. lol Oh well they get on good together. :D
Ronnie, I just did the same thing! Now, instead of two males (errrrrr. we thought our first bird was female . Until he matured!)
We have a couple. :):)

Isawe

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Isabel
I’m seriously confuse with my ( girls ) now lol I Don’t Know what are they anymore lol can someone help me Please and Thank you, sorry about the messy cages, I hurted my leg pretty bad and I’m trying to clean them as much as I can but it’s hard to do the perch Right Now because I’m doing this by myself :( my apologies

Attachments

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden