• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cere discolouration?

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
My 2 year old Flynn’s cere has always been a pinky purple colour. I’ve noticed recently it’s changed a little and turning a light brown colour at the bottom. It’s hard to get a good picture but I did my best, can you see it? Is it something to be worried about? He is definitely a he. He is otherwise bright and cheerful.

Attachments

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
@BirdWorld might know. It could be a gender thing or a breeding season thing.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
First I have to ask if this is staining from something he's been eating?
When was his last vet visit? His cere looks like he's developing a blue sheen (like mother of pearl). It's definitely something that should be closely monitored. What's his weight like? Do you have an older photo of him in similar lighting?

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
It’s definitely not food staining. His weight is on the higher end- he was overweight and had lost most of it. Last vet visit was 6 months ago, I can certainly take him again. In the mean time, what are the potential causes?

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It could be something simple or something serious. I can't diagnose and I certainly don't want to worry you. It may just be nothing, but worth a check.