• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ceramic Heat Emitter vs Heating pad for brooder

Dale Felton

Moving in
Real Name
Dale Felton
Would a CHE or heating pad be better for a brooder? Both would be used with a thermostat controller. I'm stuck debating between the two what would be best. I'm leaning towards a heating pad (temp controlled ones made for reptiles so i can nail the exact temp) due to the CHE being pretty harsh on humidity from past experience.

What do you guys think?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Is this a weird error? It's just copied and pasted from my post.
I think it was deliberately posted by @Matto as it’s the exact same question there which was answered. Unless you’re meaning the original post in this thread which appears to actually be your question.

JadeRQ

Moving in
I think it was deliberately posted by @Matto as it’s the exact same question there which was answered. Unless you’re meaning the original post in this thread which appears to actually be your question.
Yes I'm sorry, I meant the original post not Matto's link! I just wasn't sure how to ping them. I thought it was strange how it was word for word minus the last sentence of my question.