• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Central, TX Need to rehome parrots.

RobertW

Moving in
I have read and signed the post regarding rehoming birds.

We unfortunately need to find new homes for our parrots. It is not something we want to do, but something we unfortunately need to do so that our parrot family can have their best life. I have no doubt this is going to be an emotional experience for us, as just coming to this decision already has been. Our birds have been part of our lives for 15+ years. Not having them with us anymore will undoubtedly haunt us, but we feel this is in their best interest. There will be a rehoming fee as is recommended by this forum, and you will need to be able to pick the birds up (and their cage if you want it). We live in central Texas. If you have a question you may ask it here. If you are interested in adopting one of our birds, please message me directly so that we may exchange contact information.

Topaz - Blue and Gold Macaw - Loves human interaction. We have always thought he would do great with other macaws. He needs to go to a home with someone who has experience with macaws. He has always had a large cage to himself.

Harper - African Grey - She loves to be held and have her head scratched. She does need someone who is patient. African Greys are picky and it may likely take time for her to get use to a new home and new people.

Ideally, Harper and Topaz should go to the same home. They both talk, and they communicate with each other. Topaz will do tricks like extend his wings, wave, etc. to which Harper will respond with “Big bird!” or “Woooow!”. Things like that.

Boo - Jenday Conure - She is a shoulder bird for sure. She loves attention, loves people. Boo was my first parrot and made me fall in love with birds.

Evey & Anakin - Green Cheek Conures - They share a cage, but their personalities couldn’t be more different. Evey is a very sweet, cuddly bird. Anakin, not so much.

Apple & Jax - Green Cheek Conures - They are a sweet pair of birds. They use to lay eggs and it has taken its toll on Apple. They do over groom each other. Apple really just wants to be left alone. Jax is a bit nervous but does enjoy a little interaction.

Kiwi & Kylo - Green Cheek Conures - These 2 are brothers. They are Apple and Jax’s babies. My wife and I incubated the eggs and raised them. They are about 6 years old now. They currently share a cage.

We would prefer that Apple, Jax, Kiwi, & Kylo go to the same home.

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
I'm so sorry you have to rehome your sweet birbs. I hope you find good homes for them! :heart:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Good luck on such a hard thing to do. I wish I could take in all the little cheekies...

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I believe it. I adore jendays. I have a sun conure myself that prefers people over birds so I understand

ELC0316

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Erin L. Carrigan
I have a Catalina Macaw and I had thought about getting another when I saw your ad. Although I am in Florida, I thought that I would reply. I thought that if we could meet part way or work something out I might be a suitable new candidate for the bird. I have never had an African Grey, but I have had parrots all my life and I would love to take both. I have always loved African Greys and I know that African Greys are highly intelligent and can’t be the best talkers.

I am a big animal lover and I have had birds all my life. I am a 52 year old teacher. I started out with a Senegal parrot in middle school. I had a disabled Quaker I adopted from a pet store named Gilbert who lived with another “special needs” sun conure from the same store named Sullivan, so I had Gilbert and Sullivan. I had them for years. Sullivan became ill and died at the vet, she was egg bound. I had Gilbert the Quaker for over 20 years.

A little TamI, I would just need help getting the pets to Florida. I do have a father who travels for a living who might be able to help.

I have attached a pic of “Autumn.”

Let me know if we could work something out.

Erin Carrigan
erincarrigan@hotmail.com
941-321-1267

We unfortunately need to find new homes for our parrots. It is not something we want to do, but something we unfortunately need to do so that our parrot family can have their best life. I have no doubt this is going to be an emotional experience for us, as just coming to this decision already has been. Our birds have been part of our lives for 15+ years. Not having them with us anymore will undoubtedly haunt us, but we feel this is in their best interest. There will be a rehoming fee as is recommended by this forum, and you will need to be able to pick the birds up (and their cage if you want it). We live in central Texas. If you have a question you may ask it here. If you are interested in adopting one of our birds, please message me directly so that we may exchange contact information.

Topaz - Blue and Gold Macaw - Loves human interaction. We have always thought he would do great with other macaws. He needs to go to a home with someone who has experience with macaws. He has always had a large cage to himself.

Harper - African Grey - She loves to be held and have her head scratched. She does need someone who is patient. African Greys are picky and it may likely take time for her to get use to a new home and new people.

Ideally, Harper and Topaz should go to the same home. They both talk, and they communicate with each other. Topaz will do tricks like extend his wings, wave, etc. to which Harper will respond with “Big bird!” or “Woooow!”. Things like that.

Boo - Jenday Conure - She is a shoulder bird for sure. She loves attention, loves people. Boo was my first parrot and made me fall in love with birds.

Evey & Anakin - Green Cheek Conures - They share a cage, but their personalities couldn’t be more different. Evey is a very sweet, cuddly bird. Anakin, not so much.

Apple & Jax - Green Cheek Conures - They are a sweet pair of birds. They use to lay eggs and it has taken its toll on Apple. They do over groom each other. Apple really just wants to be left alone. Jax is a bit nervous but does enjoy a little interaction.

Kiwi & Kylo - Green Cheek Conures - These 2 are brothers. They are Apple and Jax’s babies. My wife and I incubated the eggs and raised them. They are about 6 years old now. They currently share a cage.

Attachments

RobertW

Moving in
Thanks for your interest Erin. I am unable to travel but will contact you incase we are able to work something out.

starrylane

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
How long do you have before you have to rehome your feathered kids? I might be interested in adopting Topaz and Harper. I would have no problem traveling to Texas to meet you and them to make sure it would be a good fit.
If you would like to talk to me about it you can contact me @ linda_nickols@yahoo.com and I can answer any questions you have and you can tell me all about Harper and Topaz.

Louie Mom

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
April Q

[/QUOTE

newbie here not sure how to send direct message to you, once I figure it out I will send you one- I’m in Southeast Texas

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
newbie here not sure how to send direct message to you, once I figure it out I will send you one- I’m in Southeast Texas
For spam prevention reasons, members are not allowed to send direct messages until they have reached a certain post count (25 I think?) or not at all if they are a minor

RobertW

Moving in
How long do you have before you have to rehome your feathered kids? I might be interested in adopting Topaz and Harper. I would have no problem traveling to Texas to meet you and them to make sure it would be a good fit.
If you would like to talk to me about it you can contact me @ linda_nickols@yahoo.com and I can answer any questions you have and you can tell me all about Harper and Topaz.
Thanks for your interest Linda.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
shooting you an email now

starrylane

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Well, it was a long, tiring trip, but all 9 feathered kids are now here with me in Tennessee. I have moved all of them into my birdroom and temporarily moved my 3 in the dining room while we do a quick quarantine. I am completely sure everything will be fine, Robert was a wonderful parrot parent, but I am overly cautious about everything. Looking forward to getting to know and enjoy (I already love them)
these new additions to my household.

Birdguy202

Moving in
Does Harper talk? My african gray, my best friend Zeke died last week from liver failure.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
@Birdguy202. Look at post above yours please^^^^^^^^