• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Celebirdy of the Month - January 2023 - Pitchounette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:starshower1:
:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:
It is with great pleasure that I announce the
Celebirdy for the month of January 2023

@FiatLux 's Pitchounette​

1. How did you acquire your bird?
I was torn, based on research, between a parrotlet and a green cheek conure. I spent every Saturday for a month or so at a local bird store and observed both species. I quickly realized that my brain said parrotlet but my heart screamed green cheek conure. So I put a deposit on a GCC and continued to go back the month of A until I was able to bring him home May 15, 2021.

2. What is your bird's name, species, age and sex?
Pitchounette
means little rascal and is a feminine name from (the south of) France. He was DNA sexed male and is a green cheek conure.

3. Does your bird do any special tricks? Much to my husband's delight, he walks over and gives "kisses" on the cheek every morning.

4. What are some of your bird's favorite foods? He seems to enjoy his RoudyBush daily maintenance crumble and his daily Lafeber tropical fruit nutriberries.

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done? The level of funniness varies based on my mood (lol) but he very distinctly flock calls for my children whenever they are in a different room. Just yesterday, he flew from his tree stand downstairs to land on my child's head in the bathtub because he heard them playing and must have thought he was being left out. Luckily my husband supervises and immediately removed him (my child loves Pitchy but does not love him on his head).

6. How has your bird enriched your life? Pitchounette is more effective at bringing me into the ever elusive present moment than anything else I've tried (except perhaps boxing). I also really appreciate the feeling of being able to have a routine and a relationship with an animal that only a certain level of attunement allows; if I fail to be attuned, I may get bit so it is a real time biofeedback mechanism that optimizes my well being.

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species? Spend time with the bird you may adopt or bring in to your family if you can before you commit --no amount of research is as meaningful as interaction with the specific bird you may spend decased with.

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird? Pitchy is quiet UNLESS my children are out of sight and then he is very loud. He has the same routine every day and is most active in the mornings and evenings as we all share meals.

9. What are some of your bird's quirks? Well this is not a quirk but he does seem to enjoy coming with the kids and I in his backpack to the local Starbucks. Throughout the height of COVID when we were not going in anywhere, the kids and I would take a daily drive through the drive thru with him and then park at the marina to watch the boats or the scenery. Pitchy would then hang out on the steering wheel or my shoulder while we stay parked and enjoy the scenery with us.

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence it has said? He does not use words but he definitely talks in his own way. He has specific phrasing when I give him a special treat that I know indicates appreciation.

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat? His favorite treat is red bell pepper. He makes a special sound that I could swear means thank you whenever I give him some. He will also steal spaghetti if its anywhere within reach and loves the occasional morsel of tortilla chip.

A0FCEAC6-D9F8-4D75-9825-82BFF9CBA764.jpeg 918C6BE9-E5F0-4681-AA6F-E239DE789CA3.jpeg 35202BED-4D56-49C7-8BA9-70F9DF05BFC5.jpeg 686E3853-D8E8-4BD9-A873-2D0F3758BDA7.jpeg 01EFDD26-B8FA-4191-A11B-57D37CB43F96.jpeg 65A4B4BB-6F86-4100-BB7A-B956F4CE3DA5.jpeg 2E61B7D9-1A60-4E72-A3C6-0F1977F78737.jpeg F41881C6-4339-4C51-B08E-8F19F3956221.jpeg 0B85C955-F715-49EB-8043-9FA4953E291F.jpeg

Last edited:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations! I loved reading your interview. He's such a handsome boy and quite a character :heart:

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
:congrats5: I loved your interview! Pitchounette is so cute :heart:

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Yay! What a cutie :Congratwav:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congrats!

Sounds like an adorable buddy.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Pitchounette is so gorgeous and happy! :awww: :cheer::leslieatwork::chickendance::dance2::DancingChilli::dance1::strhng::bounce7:
what a great faimly he is part of and included in! Well done !

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:congrats5:
What a wonderful interview, and I love your photos. Pitchounette is adorable, and I love how he wants to hang out with your kids!:heart:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Congratulations, your conure sounds like a very special and wonderful bird!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
:congrats5: Loved reading your interview love your pictures too :heart:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Congratulations :starshower1:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:congrats5:

Cant believe i missed this Loved reading the interview, i can still remember when you where getting ready to bring him home.

Status
Not open for further replies.