• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Celebirdy of the Month - August 2018 - Pilo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:hearye:
:starshower1:
:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:

It is with great pleasure that I announce the
Celebirdy for the month of August 2018,

@Lodah's Pilo!
1. How did you acquire your bird?
Pilo was born at a respectable breeder that loves her fids! We arranged to get Pilo and waited till we had a reasonable cage setup before we picked him up. It was love at first sight for all of us! You could see the tears in their eyes as we were leaving, but were so happy that Pilo was going to a loving home.​

2. What is your bird's name, species, age and sex?

Pilo is his name but we call him baby as well. Pilo is a High Red Pineapple Green Cheek Conure or HRPGCC :fairy: Male of the species and is 4 years of age.

3. Does your bird do any special tricks?

Pilo is the Master of skills and loves to learn new ones, not limited to and including high fives, hand shakes, spins, turnarounds, recall, shopping, pickups, kisses, hoops, shapes and numerous others! Pilo loves an audience!

4. What are some of your bird's favorite foods?

Pilo's favorites are usually treats like raspberries and pieces of walnuts, Pilo will do anything for them and is highly food motivated! Pilo also loves his corn pieces, fresh fruit, odd veggies and high grade seeds! Pilo will kill for a taste of ice cream or a lick of apple juice and will act like a ham to get it, eventually (after constant high fives, spins and where's my kisses) you can't help but laugh and he gets a small taste!

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done?

That is a daily basis question as he is such a lovable little clown! He loves hide and seek, giving kisses in your ear or just doing anything to get your attention! One of the most recent would be hiding in his cage and upon finding him, start to grumble and say HA HA HA!

6. How has your bird enriched your life?

With the help of all the wonderful people here at AA, we have been able to understand the needs and how intelligent Pilo really is and as such allow him to have a wonderful and happy life! You get back what you give and that only begins to explain the way in which Pilo has brightened our daily lives and become one of the family! We couldn't even imagine having life without him, from his wake up taps on the cage bars, constant conversations and his constant ways in which NOT to go to bed at night! Pilo really is such a ham and we love him dearly!

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species?

One of the first aspects that comes to mind is... are you prepared for the amount of time and devotion required to keep these "on the move" fids happy! Please don't think that because you see how much fun Pilo is to have around, that you will end up with a similar bird! As with any fid... if you are fully prepared to give up a part of your lives, add to their constant expenses and give them all they need to be happy... then go for it! There are too many unhappy, neglected parrots in this world and we don't want you to add to these terrible statistics if you aren't prepared for what can happen to your expectations!

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird?

Because Pilo is so actively engaged, he rarely has any noisy moments! GCC are wonderful apartment fids so long as you don't leave them alone in a small cage set up in a garage! The most noise we get from Pilo would be the occasional flock and alarm calls, when he sees something he doesn't like! Be prepared for constant room service calls (on his bells) and yakking galore if you are lucky enough to have one that talks!

9. What are some of your bird's quirks?

Pilo quirks include loving hide and seek, kissing you inside your ear drum, demanding showers in the morning (or else) not leaving you, even when you have to go potty yourself, demands for ice cream and kisses and his constant desire to find new sentences in which to communicate with you! Pilo's biggest quirk is that he is such a ham, especially in front of a camera! :p

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence it has said?

I think Pilo's greatest sentence was when he learn't the prefix... I WANT added to the normal barrage of kisses and breakfast requests! Of course when he mentioned that he wanted Christmas, which was a real mind blower! My wife nearly had me committed when I told her :wideyed: ... but its hard to deny when he asks you himself! :coffeescreen: Other than that he is a constant yak yak! :xflove:

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?

Pilo's favorite treat is definitely: Walnuts, Ice - cream, Raspberries and Apple juice! Well he loves anything that he can get really! :)

Finally... Pilo thanks you so very much for this wonderful honor and would be happy to give you all the kisses and cuddles that you could want, when he gets the chance to see you all! :p

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congrats!!!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:congrats: Very well deserved! I think this calls for a celebratory raspberry. :D

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:congrats: Very well deserved! I think this calls for a celebratory raspberry. :D
:rofl: We certainly will as soon as Pilo finishes all his medicine from the VET! :)

Last edited:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I love the Pilo...congrats!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Big congrats to you and Pilo on this well-deserved honor! :dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:

I kind of figured this was going to happen, and @Macawnutz swore me to secrecy...not even Milton knew about it. ;)

Now that Big Brother Milty knows, he whole-heartingly approves! :yes4: :umbrella2:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Very well deserved!!! Congrats Pilo and dad!! :heart::bounce7::alexcool:

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
This is great news! Love following Pilo's journey through life together!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Hey Pilo, you are a great "Celebirdy" and I'll bet your mom and dad agree with me.

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Congratulations! Well deserved, as Pilo is quite the celebirdy! :kiss2:

Are we allowed to ask follow up questions? I am curious where Pilo's name came from, and how old he was when he came home.

Also, laughing at Pilo being food motivated. The parrot store where I picked up Waffle assured us she is VERY food motivated. Cheekies are such little piggies!

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Big congrats to you and Pilo on this well-deserved honor! :dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:

I kind of figured this was going to happen, and @Macawnutz swore me to secrecy...not even Milton knew about it. ;)

Now that Big Brother Milty knows, he whole-heartingly approves! :yes4: :umbrella2:
That means so much to us all! Pilo will be very happy to hear Milty’s message! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.