• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

cayenne pepper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
had no idea how good it was for our birds until some of you lovely people educated me to the fact.
The things I have picked up on this site is such a help to my feathered friends and then myself.
Bought some cayenne pepper with my shopping and sprinked it over some of their food. They loved it! Now I have to politely refuse the kisses they are always wanting to give me!
Been there and done that with fresh peppers and dried chillies in their food and my lips have just peeled with the heat! I have had to sit with an ice cube on them before now.:rofl:
Then Billiefaye said to use milk. So from now on milk it is.:hug8:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
what if it gets in their eyes? I'd like to try it but this worries me...

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli

it shouldn't be able to get in their eyes, most of the time when its used on food you sprinkle it on the give it a quick stir with a spoon or fork or what not to mix it in

the only way i can think of it getting in their eyes if your using it to stop bleeding like on a wing and they move on you. But that's probably still unlikely to happen :)

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
they are probably less likely to get it in their eyes than us - they rarely put anything to their eyes, closest is grooming a toe or a nail in a nostril

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
they are probably less likely to get it in their eyes than us - they rarely put anything to their eyes, closest is grooming a toe or a nail in a nostril
not when you have two caiques....:eek::hehe:

Attachments

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
Someone, somewhere on this forum wrote that Cayenne lost many of it's good qualities if you cooked it in with your food. I guess to maximize it's potential, it's best to sprinkle it on food once it's plated.

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter
Saroj, Kiwi gets Cayenne Pepper all of the time. She LOVES it!!!! I prepare her food then sprinkle the pepper on top and mix well into her food. She is a "pepper" girl for sure! You should try it! I bet they would love it! It mixes so well, I have never worried about it getting in her eyes, and she certainly hasn't done it since we have had her. :)

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Saroj, I have two Black Headed Caiques...no problem!!!
They love it in their foods!
No you don't "cook" it but sprinkle it all over their wet foods and mix it together...:hug8:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Billiefaye, passed this on to a friend who's Amazon will not eat certain foods and she is going to add some cayenne pepper to see if it would help.:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.