• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Cauliflower Rice for your bird

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
We have all heard some forms of rice are not good for our feathered friends. This is good for birds. Cauliflower can be made rice like. What you will need, steamer basket, large pot of boiling water with cover, washed head of cauliflower; cut into florets. Steam 3- 4 minutes, plunged into ice water to stop the cooking. Drain well and refrigerate. Cold it will process better in a food processor. You freeze this 4 months. Here's the video::::
Here's the number of snack size Ziploc bags
20190929_100337.jpg

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I just bought a big head of cauliflower on friday... half for us the other half for the birds. Now, I know mine won't eat white stuff ( unless it's a safflower seed). So I'm going to mix it with carrot, sweet potato, and butternut squash.... and some apple to make it more appealing. Ceylon cinnamon to give it more flavor... seems to do the trick to get my crew to eat veggies. Mine like spicy stuff too.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
My two did not like the riced veggies so I mixed them with other things but still turned their beak up.