• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cat vomitted for the first time, what should i do?

PopsDops

Strolling the yard
Real Name
PopsDops
Warning: cat vomit, could be disgusting for some

hello avian avenue's wonderful people, long time no see xD

so im gonna go straight to the point, my female cat never had any health issues, other than ringworms and fleas when i just got her 3 months ago that i already treated. she's been on the same food for i think 3 months now and never had any problems.

just right now, like 5 minutes ago, she finished peeing in the litterbox, started making some weird meows (like she was trying to talk) which alerted me, i got up to see whats wrong and she vomits this on the ground. after she vomitted that she started taking litlle bites off it. i cleaned it up and it smells somewhat similar to her cat food so i think thats what it is. after this she is acting just fine as always.

any idea what could have caused this? first time ever this happened. i dont know if this would help but she likes to chase and eat flies, though she rarely catches them

thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post im just worried. i dont know when chrismats is but happy Xmas from a fellow muslim brother :DD

Attachments

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
That's a pretty large amount... looks like food, consistent and thick... You feed all wet food? Maybe she just ate too fast this morning...

NightOwls

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Upset stomach, cause could be anything - ill, just a sensitive stomach, eat something that didn't agree, groomed and has start of a hair ball, etc.

Only worry if it is persistent/frequent.

If it is new food, stop feeding it.

BirdWorld

Are you feeding a new food or anything that could have upset her? She could’ve just found something gross somewhere and eaten it.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Sometimes they eat too fast and then it comes back up like that. Other times they eat and then realize they need a hairball removed and it's just poor timing.

PopsDops

Strolling the yard
Real Name
PopsDops
thanks everyone for the lovely answers. to answer a few of your questions, no it isnt new food, its the same i've been feeding her since i got her so i dont think its an upset stomach, unless she ate something that i didnt see. i dont think she ate something gross today because she was in my room the whole night and this happened after she woke me up.

my theory is either as you guys said, she ate too fast and had to throw up, or ( i know this sounds ridiculous lol), she took a nasty poo, smelled it, and it caused her to throw up lol, since it happened right after she was done doing her business. i dont think its a hairball either cuz there was no hair in that stuff, at least from what my untrained eyes could see.

anyway, im gonna monitor her behavior these following days, and if she throws up again or looks tired or unwell in general im gonna contact a vet. for now she is as active and playful as she normally is.

thank you everyone for the answers :DD