• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cat Trees/Bungalows safe?

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
designer cat trees - Bing Images

The actual tree shaped one is what I used when I had the two cats. I would not use it for a bird because they would find all the hiding places and claim as a nest and we know how they get when that happens! Some are wrapped with sisal which would work.

I think these type cat homes are esthetically pleasing to us but don't always work the best for birds.

The best stand I saw was a grape vine stand. It had the solid trunk but long branches also. It was butted up to another. When the bases were pulled apart the tendrills would intertwine and be the cross bridge. "Someone snatched that up right away. I improvised for my caique (pictures on old old old computer) and took too stands and made rope highways with botlle brush branches weaved in. I could push the stand together or pull apart in different arrangements.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Last edited:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I liked the hidey holes. But for sleeping. I dont know why I didnt think about baby making. Ha! We need no more encouragement going in my flocks heads. They're randy enough.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Looks like something my guys would initially be afraid of then decide they liked it and chew on it. :D

Jordan Walker

Moving in
Real Name
Jordan Walker
I have birds, cat and dog at the same time. 1 of my bird likes to hide and play with the cat tree. And so far, it's safe since he has not faced any incident since playing with it.

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
Silliest idea I've had but I thought about getting one for my birds. They're tall and a soft perch to land on.

I’m glad you asked this, I look at those cat trees and think Hmmmm.. same way with kids playground equipment and stainless steel Bellman Carts LOL