• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cat name themes

Ribbit21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
Im probably crazy, but I will soon be in possession of 3 kittens and a mother cat. Technically they are feral but the mother is very young and super tame. Anyway, I need help with some name themes!!! I definitely want to go with something nerdy or sci fi. I can’t make up my mind on anything!! I’ll try to get a picture of them.

Ribbit21

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
Horrible picture of 2 of them, but these guys are pretty skittish. One grey tabby, 1 brown tabby, and 1 white and brown tabby. Possibly long haired. The white and brown may end up being blind. They have severe conjunctivitis. 0A9945BF-4960-4D25-8E46-DEB1B6748355.jpeg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Do you know the genders?

Things I think of:
Mario names (Mario, Luigi, Daisy, Peach, etc)
Doctor Who is always a good bet :lol:
As is Star Trek (I like original series myself, everyone needs a kitten named Spock!)

Ribbit21

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
Don’t know their genders yet. The grey one is probably a male. I’m leaning towards a mix of Dr Who and Star Trek. Although, I kind of like a Xena for the mom. She’s a tough cookie! Chased off a huge dog today. She had him running down the block. We are in Michigan on vacation. I’ll be dragging them all home tomorrow.

Ribbit21

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
If I name one Spock I’m going to have to keep it lol

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Faye Valentine, Spike, Jet, Edward.

Tazlima

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Dunno why this popped into my mind first, since it's not sci-fi related. But the kittens could be Mannie, Mo, and Jack, and mom could be Ace.

If you wanna really fly the nerd flag, kittens could be Sweetiebelle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo, with mom as Luna.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I have an Arthurian legend theme going on with my animals. I have a cat Percival, a bird Galahad and another bird Emrys (Merlin.) My other cats are Matilda (12th century queen of England), Ivan (got really into the Chernobyl series this year), and my other birds are Aoife and Caspar, I just like those names. Hahah I love nerd themes :cool:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
You need a tabby cat named Spot after Data's cat.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
how was the capture of them and such? I hope they're all going to be indoor babies. You're not crazy lol! I like all the names above, thank you for saving these sweeties!

Ribbit21

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
how was the capture of them and such? I hope they're all going to be indoor babies. You're not crazy lol! I like all the names above, thank you for saving these sweeties!

Capture went well for all but the last kitten. Had to remove some panels under the stairs to get to her. We decided that the kittens needed to go to a rescue. They have severe conjunctivitis and one may end up being blind. They will have a long recovery and I felt the rescue was more prepared for that. The mother is unfortunately pregnant with more kittens. If she's not too far along she will be spayed next week. We decided to keep the mother assuming she can learn to get along with our dog.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Keri I am so glad you were able to get them all and get them the help that they need :heart: