• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Casper In Hospital

moonchild

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Casper is going to come home tomorrow. :) He's been moved out of the incubator and into a regular cage, and is now eating much more on his own (though he's still at 22g). Since the infection he has is limited to his gut, the vet said I can place his cage next to my other budgies' cage so he won't feel lonely. They're social eaters and it's very important that he gain weight, so I think this is a good solution. Tomorrow when I pick him up, I'll ask when it should be safe to move him in with Katy's flock. I'll be picking up a new kitchen scale today (my other one bit the dust) so I can keep an eye on his weight. Hopefully he'll gain steadily.

Last edited:

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
That should make Kathy very happy...Garance, you are a true angel.:hug8:..praying they both
recovery very quickly and start enjoying there life together..:heart::hug8:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gladhe seems to be doing better. A lot of birds really do improve better at home. Hopefully that will be the case with Casper too.:)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
great news!:heart:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great news!:dance4:

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
So glad that Casper is "out of the woods":heart: Keep eating Casper :hug8:Gotta stuff that crop and gain some more weight :D

dadof5

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Dave
Casper is going to come home tomorrow. :) He's been moved out of the incubator and into a regular cage, and is now eating much more on his own (though he's still at 22g). Since the infection he has is limited to his gut, the vet said I can place his cage next to my other budgies' cage so he won't feel lonely. They're social eaters and it's very important that he gain weight, so I think this is a good solution. Tomorrow when I pick him up, I'll ask when it should be safe to move him in with Katy's flock. I'll be picking up a new kitchen scale today (my other one bit the dust) so I can keep an eye on his weight. Hopefully he'll gain steadily.
Did the old scale dieing have anything to do with a technological destroying bird? :D Glad to hear about Casper Summer and I were pulling for him

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
Gladhe seems to be doing better. A lot of birds really do improve better at home. Hopefully that will be the case with Casper too.:)
They certainly seem to! When my babies have had extended hospital stays, I always take the option (if given) to finish the medicating at home, even if it means I have to give them shots. They just seem to be so much happier in their homes and with us.

Casper, keep getting better! :hug8:

-Nik

moonchild

Avenue Veteran
I'm going to pick up Casper in a couple of hours. Setting up his temporary cage right now. I hope it isn't too long before he can move in with his buddies!

Did the old scale dieing have anything to do with a technological destroying bird? :D Glad to hear about Casper Summer and I were pulling for him
Surprisingly, no! haha. It was just old. Sorry to hear the Pink Demon is already getting to work on your electronics by the way! :eek:

Cyreen

Excellent! Now I just need to find the thread to find out how Katy is and then the thread to find out what Boris ate!

JeffreysDad

Meeting neighbors
Yay! Very happy to hear your little guy is home where he belongs. Congrats!

dadof5

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Dave
I'm going to pick up Casper in a couple of hours. Setting up his temporary cage right now. I hope it isn't too long before he can move in with his buddies!

Surprisingly, no! haha. It was just old. Sorry to hear the Pink Demon is already getting to work on your electronics by the way! :eek:
Actually that is an old Junk Keyboard we let him destroy

And :dance4:I am glad Casper is home

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Oh! how wonderful ...Casper is home with Katy? :dance4::dancing:..that's the best news I've
heard today..:hug8: