• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Carrot Cake

Bob Bulte

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Bob
I am wanting a recipe for Carrot Cake for Red Factor Canaries.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
@finchly Have you ever heard of this? I wonder if it is similar to bird bread with something in it to enhance the coloring?

Reactions: Ali

RainbowFlo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Estella
I am no way an expert on birdy bread/cake ( never made it) but I found a recipe that might help :o:. I think it's designed for bunnies so the amounts you want to use might be different but I can't see anything outright poisonous :shrug:. Perhaps you could use some ideas from it ? Add in some seeds/pellets/fruit etc.?

Homemade Rabbit Treats: Carrot Cake for Bunnies

Here is one designed for tiels, however, it uses a premade carrot cake mix….

Pet Cafe,Fruit Birthday Cake for Birds,Recipes for Bird Bread,Recipes for Birds, Recipes for Bird Foods and Treats, Recipes for Cockatiels and Parrots

Hope that's some inspiration! Perhaps you could do a normal birdy bread but just add carrots etc. Sorry if my suggestions are totally off because I'm not sure whether Red Factor Canaries have special diets/needs.

PS. You may need to reduce the amount of ingredients for small birds.
~ Estella :loveshower:

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
oops, have a feeling my suggestions aren't what you are talking about :facepalm: but I'll leave them there in case:o:
Is the pinterest thing a cookie recipe? It's not taking me to it. :(

Your rabbit one looks okay. I probably wouldn't use the other one because cake mix has so much sugar and other less than healthy ingredients.

RainbowFlo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Estella
The link to the veggie cookies...

By the way, its not a detailed recipe as such, just a list of ingredients...
Seeing as the link doesn't work it has:
  • Sweet potato
  • Pumpkin
  • Eggs
  • Quinoa flour
  • Rolled oats
  • Broccoli
  • Carrots
  • Almonds
  • Cinnamon

There are no instructions but I would assume you boil/cook the pumpkin and sweet potato. Then mash the sweet potato/pumpkin if you want to and the mix it with all the other ingredients, then bake. You could probably also add your own stuff to it likes any vitamins, seeds etc. If you wanted to make it more "carroty" you could probably add more carrots and maybe less pumpkin? Funny enough... I have never tried pumpkin, off to go buy one:laughing2::lol:

Last edited: