• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Carrier Upgrade!

AYA

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gab
I've always been unhappy with the cage I used to transport Lawrence in-- it's pathetically small and Lawrence doesn't like it at all-- so I decided to upgrade to something a bit more swish :)

This is the 19'' Suncast pet carrier, and it's fantastic! Lawrence is happy to spend time in it having a munch and tossing her foot toys around, and it's great for spending a bit of time outside in the sun :D
20160920_161412.jpg 20160920_161613.jpg
20160920_161819.jpg
Old vs. New:
20160920_212610.jpg 20160920_212659.jpg

I'm really happy with this new carrier (I was actually pretty nervous, as it cost me quite a bit as I bought it from America and it shipped over here, since we just don't have carriers like this here), and I think it's a great size for GCCs and similarly-sized birds (though if your bird is a chewer, it may be best to stick to a cage-style carrier or more heavy-duty crate-style one) :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That looks like a very nice carrier for her.

Reactions: AYA

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Looks very nice!

Thebatman

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Not to be rude, but I've heard the the bar spacing on the carrier is a little big for a green cheek, and you have to be careful with that, overall, I think it's a great carrier! I know lots of people use that carrier for their birds.

AYA

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gab
Not to be rude, but I've heard the the bar spacing on the carrier is a little big for a green cheek, and you have to be careful with that, overall, I think it's a great carrier! I know lots of people use that carrier for their birds.
No worries, and at first I was a little worried over it too, but Lawrence seems to be on the bigger end of the GCC spectrum and can't get her head through them (or the vents in the door), so I'm not so concerned anymore (though that's not to say that it isn't something that I still pay attention to :) )

And in case anyone's interested, the bar spacing is about 2cm and the door vents are 2.5cm at their widest-- I've seen some people block those by attaching a toy there if the gap's a problem :)

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I use the 23 inch one for my IRN. I like it for travel a lot.

AYA

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gab
I use the 23 inch one for my IRN. I like it for travel a lot.
I thought about getting the 23'', especially since I couldn't find any pics of birds in the 19'', but decided against it due to shipping costs and the fact that I wouldn't be using the carrier to hold Lawrence for long periods of time :)

(if we had them here in Aus I definitely would have bought the size up, but oh well, the 19'' works great despite being smaller)

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Looks great. Can you share the link please?