• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Care Improvement, (+ hermit crab care improvement)

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
I found a photo of Spearmints old cage, and boy it doesn't look fun at all to say the least. Sorry for the bad photo, it was the best I could find.
1679824025833.png List of what was in there: 4 dowels, 3 'toys', a NESTING box (?!), way too much apple and a happy hut.

Comparing that to my cage now. Again, sorry for the bad quality, and lighting, it's late but I wanted to post this lol.
1679824193427.png This cage is not only bigger, but is much more enriching, and doesn't have all that unsafe stuff.

-----------------
Now the hermit crabs. Why did I think this was okay :depressed:
1679824321173.png
And their tank now!
1679824457283.png
A nice 45gal, (soon a 125 gal), with plenty of sub and nice, safe stuff. It looks broken right now because they've been tearing the plants apart but Sparrow is moulting so I cant move anything lol.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I love them both!

Are you going to try for a live bioactive tank for the crabs?

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
I love them both!

Are you going to try for a live bioactive tank for the crabs?
Definitely! I'm just trying to find somewhere that stocks dwarf white isopods, or springtails. And also trying to figure out how I should place them, as i'm planning on also doing a custom background with silicone and that expanding aquarium foam :laugh: