• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Care Credit ~ Payment Plans and Financing for Veterinary Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoaNellie

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
My mom just got a Care Credit account last week for an expensive Emergency bill for her cat. It was super easy and fast to apply. If you pay it off within 6 months, it's 0% interest, too.

KatherinesBirds

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
We have Care Credit. Just paid the bill. Love it. I needed a lot of dental work and they charge no interest if you agree to pay a certain amount each month on time. Good Deal. Now they take vet bills!!! Wonderful!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I used our care credit with our elderly lab Coco when she had Cancer. Her hospital stay, tests, etc. came to over $3500...we payed it off in 6 months no interest. It was a life saver.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Ask your vet to apply Gabby. It's worth a shot! They may not know about it.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Is there similar programs in other countries beside the US?

topazldy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Linda
I use Care Credit for all my critters. Both my vets (Avian and Dog/Cat) take care credit. It's been a life saver for my budget!!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I looked into this for Gimli, but when I searched online they stated a 27% interest rate. Did I read wrong? They also wanted the amount needed, and I didn't know because his bill is ongoing....and seemingly never ending. :(

sthiele

Budgie Bunch
Real Name
Steve
I looked into this for Gimli, but when I searched online they stated a 27% interest rate. Did I read wrong? They also wanted the amount needed, and I didn't know because his bill is ongoing....and seemingly never ending. :(
The interest rate is very high, yes. But, you get at least 3-12 or more months, depending on the amount of your purchase, to pay your balance off with no interest at all. I originally got CareCredit when I needed some dental work done, I think they put the amount of the service in, which was like $700 or so, but they also asked for my income and I was approved for a $3,000 limit.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I just put Bonnies surgery on my care credit. I have six months to pay it off....just set up the payment plan so I will not be charged any interest...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Thanks for getting this thread active again. My sister and I were just talking about this yesterday. Definitely going to look into it... :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

jbarkan

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jill Barkan
Beware of credit card agreements... Some emergeny clinics will open a credit card in your name for the max. chargable amount before the bird is even examined. As a result, you have no means of negotiating a lower price or questioning charges.
The signing of the credit card agreement will hold you liable to anything on the bill, regardless of whether you disagree with
services rendered or could have received a lower cost treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.