• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Caravan to get Rosita the grey to new home

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Lol, too funny!! Only if you’ve been well behaved and promise not to throw or kick sand at the other kids!!

Everyone gets to play over there as it will be the place to go when this one is shut down :)

oh cool! I promise! We'll build sand castles while we wait for forum!! Or is that the wrong sand box? ( Hey that's my sand bucket and shovel!!)
th (1)_1.jpeg

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
What part of Michigan? I'm in Cleveland, Ohio.
Frankenmuth..... World's largest Christmas town.
Ahhh, Cleveland....I remember the days of walking through Cleveland clinic delivering medical equipment to ICU.
Geez, took a couple hours to walk from one side of that place to the other.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Yes, later today you will be able to go over there :)

I'm glad your wife is ok! ❤

Well for now she's home, but got a feeling we'll have to go back to ER. She's in a lot of pain. I suggest a different hospital, different opinion.
Do not like the one we went to yesterday.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
As for the caravan...( Rosita and owner John) and I have all contact info for now.
But with weather through many of the state's involved, I can't ask anyone to risk it if they don't like driving snow. I know I don't like it either. John and I might meet half way, weather permitting to make it happen. Right now waiting on wife to heal up.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
LOL, you mean owner Thomas. I'm not sure why but many people throughout the years have referred to me as John. Don't know what's up with that. :)
ohhh, I don't know why I put John down....was writing down email and and a few things at once with bird distracting me here...lol. Got it right now. Thanks

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
This makes my heart so happy!
I know I’ve seen you post several times that you would love another grey...and here is Rosita. This is meant to be! We’ll make it happen! I’m in Pittsburgh, so I think I’m out of “the route” but I can certainly give moral support and send well wishes for all traveling.

Rosita is beautiful and Thomas you could not ask for a better place for her to land :heart:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Forgot to add...I’m glad they figured out what was happening with your wife Hawk. I hope she heals quickly, and it’s nice to see her and Poppers are still getting on so well these days :sadhug2:

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Yea, michigan, to indiana, to Illinois, to outer skirts of Missouri to Arkansas, to wylie texas.
About 1220 miles...17-18 hours....depending on weather. Then back.......
Are you sure you can't go from TX thru OK? I could help that way.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
That's extra mileage....with the snow everyone is getting, not sure I even want to do it now.
I mean I do, but I'm not keen on subjecting a bird to this artic cold we're having, and a two to three day, maybe even more, trip driving in this snow, Ice and rain.
Not the best time of year to be making a trip like that.
I'd end up being a wreck after a couple days driving in that snow.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
I drove a truck for 25 years, you don't need to go through the Chicago area. You can come up through KY via WKy Parkway, up to I 69, through Indy, and up to MI. Better traffic, in otherwords less traffic.
I have a Ford Expedition, 4x4, so let me know if you need help. I will need a few days notice to get ready.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I drove a truck for 25 years, you don't need to go through the Chicago area. You can come up through KY via WKy Parkway, up to I 69, through Indy, and up to MI. Better traffic, in otherwords less traffic.
I have a Ford Expedition, 4x4, so let me know if you need help. I will need a few days notice to get ready.
I like I69, it is nice traffic. I have a big 4x4 silverado truck, it's the weather I worry about. Unpredictable sometimes.

Dorcas George

Any progress? I live north of Milwaukee. Not the most direct route maybe, but possible?

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
:sad14: Poor Michael!