• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Car travel with Linnies?

Dragonseer

Walking the driveway
I'm wondering how well people's Linnie(s) handle car travel?

The Linnie is a serious contender for when my husband and I decide to have pets again. We would like to bring our pet bird(s) with us for occasional weekend visits to family members (who live 2.5 hours from us) and maybe on vacations that are within a single-day's drive. But I'm uncertain as to how a species like the Linnie might take to such adventures.

Thank you,
DS

cassycass

Sitting on the front steps
Hi Dragonseer,

You posted this in the lorikeet lane... I'm not sure if this is where you meant to post it so just bringing it to your attention just in case.

As for Linnies, I haven't had much exposure to Linnies as I tend to stay away from small parrots but one time I took a ride with one and he seemed okay no abnormal reactions from what I could tell. Unlike my black capped conure - I took her on a 20 minute ride and she vomited - I'm assuming motion sickness. Every parrot is different depending on how they were/are socialized. My African grey takes rides in the car all the time with no problem but I have a friend with an African Grey who sits terrified for the whole ride... I believe it all depends on the individual.

Dragonseer

Walking the driveway
...I haven't had much exposure to Linnies as I tend to stay away from small parrots but one time I took a ride with one and he seemed okay no abnormal reactions from what I could tell. Unlike my black capped conure - I took her on a 20 minute ride and she vomited.... My African grey takes rides in the car all the time with no problem but I have a friend with an African Grey who sits terrified for the whole ride... I believe it all depends on the individual.
I just want to know how owners find their Linnie charges to handle more lengthy car rides. I realize that what their birds do is no guarantee of what (potential/future) Linnies of mine may do; I want to see if there's a general tendency for them to accept car rides better than not.

Last edited: