• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Capturing beauty on a day just as pretty

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
20200414_121122.jpg

On a beautiful 70 degree and sunny spring day, what

better a place then under the cherry tree.
My hair is growing in on my back. My staples should be able to come out next week.
20200414_120918.jpg
Yes, I stand alert as a sheltie should I saw People and a big garbage truck go by. :)

Last edited:

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Beautiful pictures! :heart:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Yes, I stand alert as a sheltie should I saw People and a big garbage truck go by. :)
I'm glad your handsome guard dog kept you safe from the garbage truck. :xflove:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I'm glad your handsome guard dog kept you safe from the garbage truck. :xflove:
He just stares, but I love his head and the way his ears are set like this. A true headshot of the breed! Love him so! And he only barks at things when in the house. It's generally People walking by with kids.

He will bark outside at another dog someone is walking.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So glad to see Cappy out and about! I hope his incision is healing well.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Beautiful shots Claire! He looks so good and wow... how fast his coat is growing back in! Any results back?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
So glad to see Cappy out and about! I hope his incision is healing well.
It is healing well thank you. I felt so bad last week having to have the sutures replaced with new staples. But it is looking great, hoping maybe Monday or Tues next week they can come out and he will get another bath!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Beautiful shots Claire! He looks so good and wow... how fast his coat is growing back in! Any results back?
It is coming back in, no more grey skin LOL and I am happy that it's coming in. No, results as of yet. I don't know why it's taking this long. I am going to send her a text to ask again.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It is healing well thank you. I felt so bad last week having to have the sutures replaced with new staples. But it is looking great, hoping maybe Monday or Tues next week they can come out and he will get another bath!
Fingers crossed!

My girl Katie used to have to sit down and have a think if any big vehicles passed us, things like tractors, horse lorries and so on. She'd just plop herself down and carefully check it had gone past us before she was willing to continue her walk.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Fingers crossed!

My girl Katie used to have to sit down and have a think if any big vehicles passed us, things like tractors, horse lorries and so on. She'd just plop herself down and carefully check it had gone past us before she was willing to continue her walk.
Now that is great that she would do that. My first Sheltie would go crazy on a leash if a car went by. He wanted to chase, herd and control it. It was bad. He ran after birds one time in South FL and ran right into a small lake behind the house. Gators can be in any water way there. Thankfully it was a new home, golf course and there weren't any. After that, he totally lost any off the leash capability. He would go crazy if he saw golf carts go by across the lake. He was a beauty, but a bit nutty with that.

My 2nd Sheltie would also bite at the sliding glass door as I closed it. He would sniff at the door during rain storms and then go in circles sometimes chasing his tail. They can be an odd breed LOL. Cappy thus far has NONE of these oddities, he is a non neurotic dog, peaceful, and just AWESOME!

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
Beautiful!!

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Now that is great that she would do that. My first Sheltie would go crazy on a leash if a car went by. He wanted to chase, herd and control it. It was bad. He ran after birds one time in South FL and ran right into a small lake behind the house. Gators can be in any water way there. Thankfully it was a new home, golf course and there weren't any. After that, he totally lost any off the leash capability. He would go crazy if he saw golf carts go by across the lake. He was a beauty, but a bit nutty with that.

My 2nd Sheltie would also bite at the sliding glass door as I closed it. He would sniff at the door during rain storms and then go in circles sometimes chasing his tail. They can be an odd breed LOL. Cappy thus far has NONE of these oddities, he is a non neurotic dog, peaceful, and just AWESOME!
My family's vet (a pretty blunt, old school country vet) grumbled "oh no, they're all neurotic" when we got Katie. Both Katie and Holly had their quirks but neither were big chasers or herders like your guys. They were much more like Cappy - non-neurotic, peaceful, smart and great family companions.

Katie was stubborn as anything and she would actually argue with you:

"Katie, come here!"
"Bark!"
"Katie! Come!"
"BARK"
"Katie! COME!"
"BARK!"

She would do things, but in her own sweet time and when she felt she was ready. Very much a dog who watched first before responding.

Holly...had a thing for men's hairy legs. The hairier the better, and preferably in shorts so she could get at them more easily. She would run after runners in the park or woods, bounce up to them, try to lick their legs and then, when they stopped to fuss the cute dog, run away. She didn't want fuss or attention; she was only interested in legs. It made for some extremely awkward conversations. She once stayed with me when I was a graduate student in my little studio flat and in the morning, I would take her for a walk around campus. Holly had never seen so many hairy legs on display and was in heaven.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wow! Such beautiful photos of Cappy with all the cherry blossoms! Very picture-perfect :swoon: :cloud9: :loveshower:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
My family's vet (a pretty blunt, old school country vet) grumbled "oh no, they're all neurotic" when we got Katie. Both Katie and Holly had their quirks but neither were big chasers or herders like your guys. They were much more like Cappy - non-neurotic, peaceful, smart and great family companions.

Katie was stubborn as anything and she would actually argue with you:

"Katie, come here!"
"Bark!"
"Katie! Come!"
"BARK"
"Katie! COME!"
"BARK!"

She would do things, but in her own sweet time and when she felt she was ready. Very much a dog who watched first before responding.

Holly...had a thing for men's hairy legs. The hairier the better, and preferably in shorts so she could get at them more easily. She would run after runners in the park or woods, bounce up to them, try to lick their legs and then, when they stopped to fuss the cute dog, run away. She didn't want fuss or attention; she was only interested in legs. It made for some extremely awkward conversations. She once stayed with me when I was a graduate student in my little studio flat and in the morning, I would take her for a walk around campus. Holly had never seen so many hairy legs on display and was in heaven.
Funny with the hairy legs :coffeescreen: my sheltie Shadow as a puppy would chew holes in your shirt, sweat pants while they were on you. He did this to two Friends, in stealth mode when they were over. They never even felt him doing so when they were sitting at the table!

Beautiful spring day under the cherry tree ,
Cappy is looking regal and handsome. :heart2: Thank you for sharing!
He is my most prized possession. Someone else's no longer wanted, my treasure! I just cannot fathom how anyone could relinquish that face to a shelter and just walk away.

Wow! Such beautiful photos of Cappy with all the cherry blossoms! Very picture-perfect :swoon: :cloud9: :loveshower:
The tree is past full bloom. Now they are falling and the ground turns pink. Amazing how they all didn't get stripped off with the wind yesterday. 21 MPH with gusts up to 50 MPH.

I am sure I will take more as more hit the ground. Thank you Zara :)

Last edited: