• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Captain!

apsgreen

Meeting neighbors
I saw someone else post an intro to their cockatiels and thought it was a good idea!
53B1346C-2144-4883-8E9D-955A8A654F37.jpeg
This is captain! He is 7 months old as of last week and he’s a pearl pied. I haven’t done a dna test but his pearls are starting to come out and he’s very chatty(he kisses me and laughs every so often) He loooooooves head rubs buts sometimes gets very moody and rapidfire bites my finger! He loves dried corn and peas, and will die for dried chili peppers. The breeder clipped his wings when he was born without asking when he was little but they’re growing back fast!

I just thought it’s interesting to see others birds, so I did the same!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Captain, so nice to meet you!

Thanks for sharing his story. What a handsome guy. I’m sure you’re looking forward to the day that he can fly. I hope his feathers molt soon.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Captain is very handsome! :xflove:
Welcome to AA!

Skum

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bruce Bergeson
I saw someone else post an intro to their cockatiels and thought it was a good idea!
View attachment 349456
This is captain! He is 7 months old as of last week and he’s a pearl pied. I haven’t done a dna test but his pearls are starting to come out and he’s very chatty(he kisses me and laughs every so often) He loooooooves head rubs buts sometimes gets very moody and rapidfire bites my finger! He loves dried corn and peas, and will die for dried chili peppers. The breeder clipped his wings when he was born without asking when he was little but they’re growing back fast!

He's beautiful, my tiel Ivan is 5 months old. "Chili peppers" I'll try that

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's adorable!

Veritgo01

Strolling the yard
View attachment 349456

Captain looks great... I get the rapid fire bites too sometimes. It's their ways of saying that you are doing something wrong (necking rubbing the wrong way or something) don't take it as a negative thing since it is more of a birdie feedback.

LoveToki

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Zee
ahh yes...the good ole “pet me” eyes and then rapid fire pecks lol. I just assumed it was cuz Moki is a girl and can be a bit moody..like me :lol:
Captain is adorable!

Veritgo01

Strolling the yard
ahh yes...the good ole “pet me” eyes and then rapid fire pecks lol. I just assumed it was cuz Moki is a girl and can be a bit moody..like me :lol:
Captain is adorable!
You might be right about that statement. My female does the rapid pecks when she wants the neck rub, where as the male just plops his head in front of my hand.