• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cappy Jack of preciousness

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Such a sweet loving face. You took him into his teens with love that could not compare. His life full of joy for all you could give.
Still there comes a time when we all must lay down & rest. We can't go on & the hand from above leads us to another place
where dogs run free forever from shore to shore & one day you will meet again in forevermore...

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m so sorry, Claire.
The good ones never stay anywhere near as long as we want/need them to.

I’ll raise a glass to that good boy tonight, with both of you in my thoughts.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Omygosh Claire… I am so sorry. I know Cappy was you heart companion. He will forever be your shadow wherever you go. Blessed was he the day you met him as you were blessed and fulfilled to bring him into your loving heart and home. Rest peacefully handsome boy. Hugs to you Claire.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Truly sorry for your loss. As one who always adopts adult (and sometimes senior) dogs, I've felt what you're feeling as well... it's a terrible hurt, but so worth it. I had one, Last Chance, who I adopted at age 10. Thought I'd be lucky to have 2 or 3 years with him. He lived to be 17 and traveled across the country with me several times. Hurt all the more when he had to go.

Cappy was a beautiful dog.

Last edited:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thank you for the kind words. I am so grateful that I was the chosen home with that rescue. You don't find many Sheltie rescues allowing out of State adoptions. Many of them are so over the top with their rescue dogs.

I know I need something special. You all know we inherited two dogs over a year ago. We have dogs, one has latched on to me. I love her, but I don't have that joyful, giddyness with her as I had with Cappy, or my Bella.

Odd, that I might say my home feels empty without him even with the other dogs. They are ours, but they aren't if that makes sense. They will always be Brian's dogs.

I am not sure what I will do for a new boy. I love Border Collies, I love Shelties. I would hate to be deemed that hypocrite with a breeder puppy. Yet puppies are very hard to get in rescue.

Anyway, another day of sadness. It will take some time to figure out my options.

Thank you all!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I know how you feel about that one special companion. Mine was “Briggs” my previous Yorkie before Emma and Riley. He was my little boy heart and soul. I do love my two but it’s not quite the same love.

Not one soul could call you a hypocrite if you chose to bring a puppy in. It’s been in your heart and on your mind for a while.

Emma sends a schmoochie kiss hoping you feel better soon! 9A9FFD70-9690-4F43-82F6-47A012C84FC1.jpeg

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry. Shelties are something special.

Wthensler

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
William hensler
So sorry to hear, we know your pain. God Bless.

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
I'm so sorry for your loss...it's very hard losing one friend...more than one is extremely hard.
Yet, thanks to you, these beautiful creatures have had you to love them and they have had someone to love...which is to me what life is all about.
Thinking of you and everyone who have lost their beloved pets.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
A breed I never would have picked for myself, but now I LOVE... Corgi's... My sister has adopted several over the years, one a special case from an older couple who couldn't complete her 'special needs' anymore... Back legs wouldn't work, had to be in a cart to mobilize... Since my sister lives on the second floor, really took alot to care for her needs...
But I since have fallen in love w/ that breed.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful dog.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thank you all for the beautiful words, replies and condolences.

We've decided that we are going to get a puppy. As much as I am all for rescue, I have got to heal my heart with a sheltie baby. I have not had a tiny baby since 2002 and he was 5 mos. Before that, 1994 with my first ever.

I am in a very sheltie area of breeders, a sheltie club and have many local to me.

So.....since I never repeat a sheltie coat color I may be looking for a bi black. I'll update soon in another post as to why my next boy will be.

Much love,

Claire

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I am so sorry for your loss, Claire! Boy have you had your fill, lets hope you get a very long break! :sadhug2: :sadhug:

I look forward to the new puppy pictures!! :heart:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you all for the beautiful words, replies and condolences.

We've decided that we are going to get a puppy. As much as I am all for rescue, I have got to heal my heart with a sheltie baby. I have not had a tiny baby since 2002 and he was 5 mos. Before that, 1994 with my first ever.

I am in a very sheltie area of breeders, a sheltie club and have many local to me.

So.....since I never repeat a sheltie coat color I may be looking for a bi black. I'll update soon in another post as to why my next boy will be.

Much love,

Claire
How exciting that you'll be welcoming a little one home. I can't wait to see bouncing puppy pics :heart: